4.06.2009

vacuums, floods, and conference

Oh me, oh my! We had an eventful weekend and we didn't do a DANG thing!

Friday night we bought a new vacuum. We have been using Andy's since we got married and it SUCKS! Well actually it doesn't suck at all, which is the problem. The hose always gets plugged so you have to beat it to get all the crap out and then you end of vacuuming twice as much stuff. It was getting quite ridiculous. ANYWHO! After spending a good amount time of looking at the vacuums we finally decided on one. Who would have thought buying a vacuum was so intense? I didn't.

We got home and Daren put it together for me. I was SO excited to use it! It works like a DREAM!! I couldn't believe how dirty the carpet was too....Kind of sick! Anyways, after using it for about oh 5 minutes, I BROKE IT! UGH! I might have vacuumed up a corner of a blanket and a dog toy...LISTEN! The suckage was SO INTENSE and everything happened so fast! How was I suppose to know it would melt the belt!? Luckily belts like only a few dollars...good thing because I have a feeling it won't be the last time...Poor Daren.
After dealing with the vacuum we watch 7 Pounds. It was pretty depressing and weird.

Saturday morning we got up and watched President Monson talk during the morning session. We needed to go grocery shopping and didn't really want to go between sessions because everyone in Cache Valley was going to be out during those 2 hours, so we went during the morning session. After shopping we came home, unloaded, cleaned out the cupboards and fridge (one of my fav things to do, true story).

We bought some Drain-o while we were out because our bathroom sink was draining VERY slowly...that was probably my fault too. I drop bobby pins down there all the time. I even dropped some eyeshadow down there a few weeks ago...Once again, my poor husband. If he had only known what he was REALLY getting into when he married me... ANYWHO! Daren put the Drain-o down the sink and said I couldn't use it for one hour. Well after the one hour was up I asked him I could use it and he said to run the hot water for a few minutes and then I would be okay. I turned the hot water on and went in the living room. I told Daren to let me know when to turn it off. WELL! We both FORGOT about it!! It was about 20 minutes later when Daren asked if the water was still running. OH SHIZ NIT!! I ran into the bathroom and it was FLOODED!! All we could was laugh. Seriously. We threw some towels down and Daren started playing with the sink. He figure that the clog was deeper in the pipes so he went down stairs to see if he could figure something out. In the mean time I decided, I might as well clean the bathroom floor since there is water everywhere. Our bathroom floor is quite clean now.

Side note: The water got into the vent so now when the heater comes on it smells like a dirty motel room.

A few minutes after Daren went downstairs he yelled up to that there was a problem...Go figure right? Apparently GRAVITY worked its magic with the water! There was water EVERYWHERE downstairs. We have a mini food storage down there and we keep the food in bins. Both bins were full of water....remember how we went grocery shopping that day?! The majority of the food was in those bins. Luckily most of the most was savable. We only lost about $10 worth of food. Thank heavens for food in bags! Once again, all we could do was laugh.

Lesson learned: Don't leave water unattended.

Later that night Daren went to Priesthood with the boys and I watch a Hallmark movie. It was quite ideal.

Sunday Daren fixed me breakfast in bed. I love getting woken up to a full plate of food, especially if Daren made it. We watched conference and then took Bear out to the park. Daren found a park online just down the street from us where dogs could run around with no leash on but when we got to the park, it said no dogs allowed. We were confused so we went across the highway to the Logan River Walk Way...or something like that. It was beautiful weather and so pretty! At the end of the walk way there is a park...which happens to be a park where dogs can freely run around! ( I actually just put 2 and 2 together. The park we were originally looking for was actually this park we found. We were just looking on the wrong side of the highway.) WOOT! We are pretty excited about it. It is right next to the river so we let Bear run around in the river and he LOVED it!

I forgot my camera so Daren snapped a few pics with his phone.

Note to self: Walking 2.5 miles in UGGS is NOT ideal. Next time wear real shoes.




I've got a little George Washington going on...and I look REALLY homeless.

This week is my spring break and I'm pretty excited about it. Angie and Luiz need to have their house cleaned out by the end of the week (because they FINALLY sold it!) so I got to watch Baby K today.

Is it safe to let babies chew on straws? I wasn't sure so I just kept a close eye on him.

Baby K and I went to get Daren and James for lunch today. Daren and I don't know how this whole car seat/baby thing goes. I guess I had him wrong, James fixed it for me. Good thing he's having a kid and we aren't. HA!

Tomorrow I'm taking all the kids to the Fun Park and I'm pretty excited about it! I have a feeling I'll be seeing a lot of those little ones this week! WOOT!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Broken vacuum's, clogged sinks, flooded basements - Who knew that being married would be such an adventure? Had I known all this before marriage I would have still proposed and married Ash. And I would still have adopted Bear had I known that he would find ways to eat chocolate and get me up half a dozen times in the night to let him out. Life is good, especially with my puppy and most deffinately with my wife by my side. :)

D