4.24.2009

Thankful




Daren here. I just wanted to take a moment and say a few things that I am grateful for. My God, my gorgeous wife, my family, my dog and for the God given right to express myself. I am also grateful for my size and strength and the blessing it has been to the ones I love and for the sense of protection/intimidation that it has been in my life (depending on which side of the line you are on, by my side or in front of me). I am very grateful for my roots - The Saxon line from the Tibbitts, the Scottish blood from the Buchanan's and even the warring family roots from the McCoy's, for when a long train of abuses and usurpations arise it is one's duty to safe guard the things he loves the most and with these roots and gifts, I feel confident in being able to do just that. There have been a few events unfold the last week that have given me the chance to reflect on these things, from having the courage to and standing up for my family to rescuing my dog from under a bridge in the rapid waters of the Logan River yesterday. These gifts have and continue to bless my life and the lives of those I love. Clarior hinc honos. Audaces juvo. Si vis pacem - Para bellum.

0 comments: