Oh boy I feel like I haven't blogged in quite some time...it's been at least a week!
Here's the D.L. on what has been happening...with a few pictures!
- I finally went to the eye doc. I have been wearing the same pair of contacts for probably about 8 months. I know, I should be blind by now. Luckily my eyes are just fine, a little dry, but no damage. I was so worried the doc was going to tell at me and forbid me from ever wearing contacts again. After my exam he was telling me how people that wear the same kind of contacts that I do (Focus Day and Night) are 5x more likely to get some awful eye disease because you can sleep in them (that's what they are designed for). I was like, AWESOME! I've been wearing the SAME pair for 8 months and you are telling me this now?! I think he did it to freak me out. IT WORKED! I also got new glasses! They are HOT! I'm so excited to get them, hopefully this week! I'll post a picture when I do.
- My husband is seriously an AMAZING cook. He has this thing where he just knows what spices will taste good with what. If I'm cooking...well you'll be luckily enough to get some salt on your food. ANYWAYS! The other day I told Daren I was hungry, which is Ashlee Code for, "Cook me food!" Since Daren speaks Ashlee he went into the kitchen and started cooking up something delicious! About half an hour later I was looking at this!
He made this amazing gourmet pizza...with homemade crust. The crust was SO good! It was light and fluffy and had amazing flavor! We had some left over pork from dinner so he put some of that on it and he also put some mandarin oranges on it. I know, sounds gross, but it was SO good. I love fruit on my pizza but oranges are something I would have never thought of! All the flavors combined made such a good pizza! SO YUMMY!
- On Friday night Daren and I went to the temple with his parents. We haven't been in a couple months and it was really nice to get back! After our session, Daren and I went to Pita Pit for dinner...and then to Cold Stone. Since the last time we have been they have added wheat pitas to their menu. I thought it was ideal...until I started eating my pita! The wheat pitas are like paper thin and can't even hold a piece of lettuce! I seriously had to eat half of my pita with a fork because it fell apart every time I picked it up. So even though wheat pitas sound ideal, they are not! Daren didn't have a problem eating his wheat pita but I think it's because he has bigger hands and can get a better grasp on it. Luckily my Cold Stone was delicious, it always is though.
- Saturday was such a BEAUTIFUL day! I was loving it! We took the puppy to the park and he loved it, as usual! We took part of his tree branch with us so he could play fetch with it. I don't even know why we buy him toys. He destroys his toys way faster than I think any normal dog should and he's OBVIOUSLY WAY more entertained by tree branches. Maybe I'll just start chopping our neighbor's trees down.
- I like to watch the news but here is my problem...around 9:30 I start to get sleepy but I want to stay up and watch the news. If I stay up and watch the news, I'm in bed by 11:00 (I still have to get ready for bed after I watch the news), which is an hour and a half AFTER I start to get sleepy. Follow? Well I decided to make an executive decision. My old T.V. has been sitting in our nook area since we moved in. So I figure, lets get cable in our bedroom. I'm killing 2 birds with one stone. I get the T.V. out of our nook AND I can watch the news and be asleep by 10:34. Mission Accomplished. Comcast man, Kurt, came, installed, and left. Bada Bing Bada Boom!
- Now that we have cable in our room we have to find some to put the T.V. on...Off to Shopko we went and came home with this beauty. It's not really a T.V. stand, it's a bookshelf but it will do. It was cheap and we will totally reuse it again! It's a little plain still. I haven't Ashlee-fied it yet. I made that word up! I even helped put it together!
Kind of looks awkward in the little space but it does the job! How do you like that blanket covering our window? It's our "curtain." Clearly I need do some more decorating.
- I have been wanting to get new oven tray things for a LONG time. When we got the oven they were dirty. The oven was free (Thank you Pine View management) so I didn't complain. But since then they have gotten BAD! Like it's probably illegal for us to cook anything on our stove. So while we were out on Saturday, we picked up news one! Our oven looks like a DREAM! Our burners don't really fit any more though...Eh.
- The other day Daren noticed some birds flying around looking for food. He felt sad for them because there probably wasn't any food around so we got a bird feeder. Doesn't it look so cute hanging from our tree? Love it!
- After our busy morning we headed down to Layton with Jeremy and Jessica for a mini road trip. We went to Tai Pan where I found my plate rack! I had a vision for the wall above my stove a few months ago and a plate rack was included in my vision. I went to Hobby Lobby and I couldn't find one so I bought this candle holder thing, do you remember it? I was so happy when I found one this weekend! $9. I found some plates, which I'm still not sure about the color but they were only $2 each so I went ahead and bought them. We also got one of the Skookie things. You know the cookie skillet things? Pretty excited to try it out. I haven't put up my plate rack yet so no picture.
- Jessica had to exchange some pants at Hollister. I had never been in there before. I felt like I was in a bad dream. It's SO dark! How are you suppose to see what you are buying!? Plus you can't even relax on the chairs they have because there are palm tree branches in your face. Note to self: do not go in that store again. While at the mall I purchased some more lotion from Vicky's. It's on sale peeps. I also got some new gloves for all my "snowmobiling rides." They were uber cheap! CHA CHING!
- After shopping we ate at the Burger Bar, again. It was delicious! They have excellent Coke there. You know how some places have gross Coke? Have you ever noticed? I have.
P.S. for puppy pictures! I forgot 2 pictures that I took with my el phono!
Pretty sure Bear spends about 90% of the day like this.
The other we went to see Daren at work and he gave Bear a treat. Bear dropped it down the side and couldn't get to it. It was quite funny! Bear was not happy about it.



1 comments:
I love it when my wife blogs. She does such an amazing job! I love you Baby!
D
Post a Comment