3.22.2009

a weekly update.

This week has been somewhat uneventful. I'm still working from home, and I think I will be for probably another week. I'm okay with it, just makes for a VERY long week. My little man is starting to smile again and isn't on a ventilator anymore so that is good! It was looking pretty scary there for a few days.

On Wednesday my phone went to phone heaven. Lately it's been doing this weird thing where my screen will go white. Usually if I give it a minute it will go back to normal but on Wednesday it decided to stay white. It was annoying. I was in Ogden working for the day so when I got back to Logan I went to Sprint and they ordered me a new one, which came WAY sooner than expected. WOOT! Daren came with me, I think he was worried I would yell at them for making such a craptastic phone. While we were there we got him a new phone. He has been needing an update for a good 2 years. He got a Blackberry and we are LOVING it. It came in VERY handy this weekend! I have already named the GPS lady. Her name is Brigitta, Betty for short. Plus we got a DEAL on it! I love me a good deal!

Friday night we went to Walmart with Susi. Daren was getting cough drops and Susi and I were waiting for in right in front of the doors when this walked in....

I SERIOUSLY thought he was going to shoot everyone! Some kid was in a FULL gorilla suit and he was walking all angry like. I froze and starting praying. For a good 5 minutes I really thought I was going to DIE. He walked right by us and then 2 guys were following him and laughing so I asked if he had a gun. They assured me he didn't and it was just a joke. THANK HEAVENS! Walmart is the LAST place I would want to die. We ran into gorilla man in the electronics and I took a picture of him and Daren but sadly my phone didn't save it. Lame.

Saturday morning was ward temple day so Daren and I went and it was SO busy! I have never been in such a big session. They had to put some of the women on the men's side. There were probably 5 people taking out their own endowments during our session so by the time all of their families got in, they were only able to take a handful of people from our ward. We were one of the lucky ones, everyone else had to wait for the next session. After the session was over I watched the newly endowed people hug and cry. It reminded me of when I took my endowments out and was doing the same thing. Good times.

Later that night we drove down to Ogden for Ally and Shad's house warming party. Their house looks SO amazing! We were just there over Valentine's day and now it looks so different! They painted and updated a few things. LOVE IT! We finally got to meet their new puppy, Dublin and he is so freaking cute!
I heart you ladies!


Please excuse my appearance. I took a LONG nap on Saturday. This is post-nap. Yikes.


Daren told me he wanted me to buy a "spring purse" so I did! TA DA!


Shannon's baby bump...although you can't tell she has one in this picture but she does! HA! We got to Ally's the same time her and John did and when Shannon got out of the car I had to remind her to button her pants back up. Good times.

I called 2 of the kids in our Sunday School class TWEEDLE DEE and TWEEDLE DUM today. Is that against the rules of teaching in a church? They were being annoying. I also made a really funny comment at the expense of one of them. I don't think the kid heard but everyone else thought it was funny. I'm not a very good teacher...funny how that is kind of what I do for a living...EH.

Tonight we went to the Draper Temple dedication and it was so MAGICAL! I went to the Bountiful dedication when I was a wee child but I can only remember the white handkerchief part of it. Now that I can actually appreciate it, I LOVED it! The spirit was so strong! At the end when everyone was singing The Spirit of God, which is one of my FAVORITE hymns, I got a little teary eyed. I'm so grateful that we have the opportunity to be apart of things like this, it's awesome.

And last but not least, how can you NOT love this little face?!

Better run! Celebrity Apprentice is almost on!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

HAHA! Oh Ash. I sure do love your blogs. Especially when I get to make a cameo. Although, that is a very unnatractive picture of me. And yes, you did have to remind me to button up my pants...so tight! I sure do love you my dear!

Sarah said...

Just so you know, your yellow shirt and spring purse are the COLOR OF THE YEAR- & I love them both. You are so fashionable.
Love the sunglasses on the little guy!
I thought the dedication was great too. I haven't been since Nauvoo.
AND I would freak too if gorilla man came into Wal*Mart while I was there too. Praying for dear life. YIKES.