3.30.2009

good times.

Another weekend has come and gone...way too fast I might add.

It all began Thursday night with a phone call from my mom asking me if I wanted to go to David Archuleta with her the next night. She won tickets and was going to take a co-worker, who also is her concert buddy, but her co-worker is really sick and couldn't go. I of course said YES! We weren't planning on going down to Salt Lake until Saturday afternoon so we made some arrangements for the pup, Daren got off work early, and we headed down to Salt Lake Friday afternoon.

Daren, my mom, and I met at Applebee's by the E Center, had dinner, and then Daren parted ways with us and we headed over to the concert while he headed to my parents house. The opening acts were pretty craptastic. It seems as if they both were mumbling because I couldn't understand a word they were saying.

David was pretty FANTASTIC though! There were SO many screaming girls. It brought me back to the days when my friends and I used to go to the N'SYNC concerts. Good times. I was impressed with little Archie's performance. He has great stage presence and sounds good live. I didn't know a single song of his before the show and now I have his CD in the car, thanks to my brother. It's quite ideal.

See all those people? 90% of them were 10-15 year old girls. In fact, the concert was pretty much sold out but the parking lot was only half full. I'm almost positive it's because most of the them had to be dropped off by a parent...




Saturday we hung out around the house, went to Shane's game (Shane hit the winning run in, well actually they were winning 9-0 and he hit in the 10th run to end the game), and then we met my friends for dinner....at Applebee's! What can we say?! We LOVE Applebee's and there isn't one in Logan. Anywho! After dinner we went to Nielson's Frozen Custard. Have you ever been there? DELICIOUS! But everyone forgot that they don't take any type of card, only cash or check, so we were scrambling to make sure everyone had enough money! Good times, again. After ice cream we went out to Kari and Nick's casa for a good game of 'What if...' and I tell you what, it was a GOOD TIME! My friends are HILARIOUS!

We like ice cream...and each other.

See that green dot?

This is Bella trying to get the green dot. It was quite hilarious! Look how high she can jump!!

Sunday morning Marci and Matt blessed their little man, Miles. He is SO cute! I really love him and he really loves me! I was holding him and every time I asked him if I was pretty or if he loved me, he would smile! TRUE STORY PEOPLE!
Megan and Shannon's eyes are closed in this picture...sorry guys!


Look at those chubby cheeks!!

See him looking at me and licking his lips?! I told you he loves me...and probably my cleavage too!

We came home to snow and a very happy puppy. I'm so sick of snow! I just want it to be warm! Is that too much to ask?!

P.S. I'm finally back in the classroom, my little man is back! And also after 2 sets of HUGE SPARKS, a spark in an eye ball, melting the top AND back of our oven, and being electrocuted several times, our stove works! It was an intense night at our house last week but thanks to Daren and Jer, we don't have to plug in and unplug our stove every time we want to use it!
That wire thing melted to the back of our oven...and shocked the boys. I think this was when a spark flew into Jer's eyeball.

The switch was sitting on top of our oven and melted it....and shocked the boys. Apparently the top of our oven is metal...not plastic. Who would have thought?!

3 comments:

Susi said...

I'm glad you had a blast! Looks like fun. We missed you here at home though. I'm also glad to hear your little man is back. I hope he's doing ok.

Anonymous said...

I blame the stove issues on James. He wasn't there to supervise. I mean add this up: Jeremy + Daren + 220 heart-stopping volts + 0 James = Stove Burns x (Electrocution) x 2. But it was a good time for all who got to watch the fireworks. And, notice how something as big as electrocution and sparks gets only 2 pictures in the blog vs. all the David Archuletta pictures. Priorities, right? Love you Babe!

D

Megan said...

It's friggin April and snowing - I am so pissed. I hate being inside all day long and I running out of things to do with a two year old. Sounds like you had a fun weekend, as usual. I don't know any of David's songs either, but concerts are always good for people watching :) And who doesn't take a debit or credit card these days - get with the program!