2.27.2009

bath time!

On Sunday, Bear was trying to get a ball that was under some chairs and ended up hitting my Scentsy plug in warmer, which caused the wax stuff to get on his back. It wasn't a lot but still enough to notice. We tried picking it out of his hair but he wouldn't have anything to do with it.

SO! I decided that I would give him a bath and see if that would take it out.

I've never personally given Bear a bath. Usually Petsmart does. Daren has once when Bear spilled paint all over himself and our living room. We have a special puppy. Anyways! Daren gave me a few pointers last night and this afternoon I went for it!

When Bear doesn't want to do something, like get in the tub, you get a work out! I didn't know he had such strong muscles! He REALLY didn't want to get in. It seriously felt like he weighed one million pounds. Usually I can pick him up just fine but when he is fighting it, FREAK! Eventually, using ALL my strength, I got him in. And he was JUST FINE once he was in. He sat still while I washed him.


Please ignore my Rambo looking headband...I had been cleaning...

When we were done he jumped out of the tub and ran around like a crazy person for a good 20 minutes. He was barking and rolling around trying to take the "cleanness" off of him. It was quite hilarious.



The wax didn't come off. RAT FINK! I guess we'll have to take him to Petsmart and get him shaved. Until then, I will enjoy Bear smelling like Snowberry, instead of dog, when I cuddle with him.

While I was typing this I remembered that I HAVE given Bear a bath before! It was when we first got him and we bathed him outside with the hose. He was NOT happy. Good times!
I love Luiz in this picture. Don't you think he looks like that helmet should permanently be on him? I DO! HA!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I missed the bath! Sad times. But it looks like you two had a lot of fun Love. And yes, Luiz looks like he should be a permanent helmet wearer, if you get my drift. ;) I love you Baby!

D

Jenny said...

Too funny! Snowberry is a good scent for a dog! :)

Sarah said...

I am always afraid of that happening, so I only put my plug-ins up high. Looks like you are having fun guys!