Daren and I took the day off on Friday (WOOT!) and headed down to Salt Lake. Daren's family followed us down, we all met at my parents house, and then everyone traveled out to Draper to the "Red Parking Lot." I was pretty excited to see the temple and whatnot. When we got to the chapel we waited for about 20 minutes, had to move seats about 3 times and then finally got to watch the temple video. I have to admit...I didn't really watch it. I was playing with Baby Miles who is SO cute! After the video we got on a smell, hot bus and went up to the temple.That's my niece...always acting like a lady! HA!
Oh I love my little chunk!
The view from the temple is quite magnificent. I LOVED the inside of the temple! It was beautiful and so modern. The chandeliers were A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! I think I might need one. The temple wasn't as busy as I thought it would be, granted it was in the middle of the day. It still took us about 3 hours, from the time we pulled into the "Red Parking Lot" to the time we got back in our cars. I think the part that took the longest was waiting to get back on the bus. It was a good time! I couldn't believe the number of homes that were up for sale. And they were all HUGE! 
After the temple we went to lunch at Noodles and Co. One of my favs!
We are starting him young! He LOVED it! All he wanted to do was drink, drink, drink!
Look at that face! This is the face he would make when the camera came out! I just want to squish him!
After lunch Daren's family went back to Logan and Daren and I went to Shane's baseball game. We watched Shane play Friday and Saturday and they won both games! WOOT! Saturday they played out at Bingham and it was SOO windy and cold! But as soon as you got back to my parents house it was beautiful! I didn't even need to wear a coat!
After the game Daren and I ran some errands, met my family for lunch, and then picked up our new recliner! My grandma is selling her house since she is living in a "old people home." SO! Daren and I claimed my grandpa's old recliner. It's so comfy! We love it! And it's still in pretty good shape!
It was a good weekend! It's always nice to be able to visit with family and not have any other obligations!
3.16.2009
draper temple
Posted by Ash at 3:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
We had a blast in SLC, thanks to everyone there! And the recliner rocks! We now have two. Who cares if they don't match? :)
D
The temple was very gorgeous. Agreed. All those homes are for sale because who can afford a HUGE home like that. They were insane. And some were just weird looking. Cheers to the awesome economy ;)
HA! Funny story for you. We went to visit Johns Mom yesterday. When she found out we went to Vegas and we dont have enough time to go to the temple dedication (Or at least enough time to get a separate recommends. She wanted the whole fam to go together) she said "do you choose the Temple or Vegas? Do you choose God or Satan?". EEK! She would be so proud of you guys for goig to the open house! haha! LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment