Last week my favorite soon-to-be sister-in-law, Susi, told me about some bridal fair she heard about on the radio. Since I am getting married, bridal fairs are right up my alley these days. So she went online and registered to get free tickets. While she was on there she also registerd Daren and I into a cake dive contest thing. I didn't really think much of it until Saturday rolled around. Lacey and I went over to the bridal fair, which I think will be the last one I go to. The same vendors are at all of them. This had 2 new ones, which were actually very ideal. Anywho! As we were leaving this lady asked me if I wanted to sign up for the cake dive. I told her I already was and she checked to see if she had my stuff and NOPE! she didn't. So I filled it out again. She told me she was going to called the 6 chosen girls between 6:30 and 7, at the same it was probably 5. 6:30 came around, no call. 7 came and went, no call. Too bad so sad! At 7:21 she called! I was one of the chosen! Luckily I had some crappy clothes at Darens. I hurried and changed into them, grabbed my crew, and we were off. The dive started at 8 and I wanted to be a few minutes early.
When we got there, they were still setting up. I scoped out my competition and put my game face on. Not going to lie, I was kind of nervous. The purpose of the cake dive was to find the ring inside the cake and the winner got $1000 at a local furniture store!
8:00 came and I was playing in a cake with 6 other girls! I was elbow deep in cake and had it all over my pants! I definitely covered more ground than any other girl! After about 15 minutes of throwing cake around the girl next to me said the dreaded words! "I think I found it!" Blast!! The ring was the size of a barbie ring I swear, and wasn't even a real ring. I was sad I didn't win but I still had a ton of fun! Daren was very proud of me. He said if it would have been a game of skill I totally would be kicked everyone's trash!
One more adventure to add to the life of Daren and Ashlee! The cake!
I trying to focus on the prize.
Find the ring!
All the girls...well some of them
The stupid winners...sorry I don't lose very graciously. Plus she was really nice which makes it even harder to hate her...
2.24.2008
Cake Dive
Posted by Ash at 3:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I am so upset to hear that you did not win the cake dive....I was so looking forward to the pefect ending of you winning! By looking at their picture I officially hate the winner, it really should have been you!
haha..You are seriously hilarious! DANG IT...wish you would of won!!!! I soo sorry!!! How fun though!!!!
Post a Comment