...was LOTS of FUN!!
This will probably be a LONG post with LOTS of picture! WOOT! Seriously though..like ONE MILLION pictures!
We spent Thanksgiving day with Daren's side of the family this year. There was TONS of food! Luckily I was wearing spandex leggings...I was REALLY grateful for those! After dinner we came back our place to watch Hancock, which is hilarious!
Makayla and Bear decided to take a nap together. SO CUTE!
After the movie Daren and I got our dog and toothbrushes and headed over to James and Susi's for a SLEEPOVER! Everyone but Daren, he's the smart one of the group, was getting up early to go shopping so we decided why not do it together! It was so fun! James was long gone before Susi and myself woke up...at 4:30 IN THE MORNING! First we headed over to Kohl's to check on James. From what I heard he was there for a LONG time! Then we went over to Best Buy to check on a few things...we left empty handed. Next we waited in line at Shoe Carnival. I got a REALLY cute pair of shoes and new purse for $25!
Plus we got free t-shirts, a water bottle, and a lanyard. Free stuff is AWESOME!
Our next stop was Michael's where I got a TON of stuff for Christmas! I forgot to use the gift card I've had in my wallet since LAST Christmas...I'm still annoyed at myself for that. We had some time to kill after Michael's so we went to the mall and to Sam's Club to meet Daren's parents and get FREE breakfast. Our last stop for the morning was Petsmart, I know totally random, but they had these HUGE beds on sale and I wanted to get Bear one. We then headed back to Susi's for breakfast. P.S. Daren was just waking up as we returned. He probably would have slept longer had he not been awoken by his parents.
The back of the truck was FULL of shopping bags when we were done. This is ONLY my stuff too!
ANYWHO! Daren and I headed home to get ready for the day. I proceeded to do a little bit of shopping online. After we got ready we went over to Ma and Pa Tibbitts's for some lunch and then the girls headed out for MORE shopping. We went to Novemberfest, which is an IDEAL craft fair type thing.We got some REALLY cute stuff, including this BEAUTIFUL berry wreath for $10!
I also ordered an AMAZING picture of the Logan temple. I don't have it yet but I'll take a picture when I do! We were at Novemeberfest for a few hours. After Novemberfest we, for some CRAZY reason, decided to go to Walmart. Daren's sister, Angie, and his mom went in the morning and got me this SUPER cute coat for $8. Susi decided she wanted one...and I wanted another one. We rounded up the family, except for the boys, and went. We were there FAR longer than I wanted to be.
I was SO tired so I sat down. One of those carts is FULL of stuff and the other one has Makayla sleeping in it.
We ended the day in the hot tub! SO relaxing!
The next morning, Saturday, we had breakfast at Ma and Pa Tibbitts's house, then Susi, Syl, and I did MORE shopping. This time we were only gone for an hour or so. We were suppose to leave around 11 to cut down our Christmas trees but we didn't end up leaving until around 1. I was SO excited to go, I could hardly stand it!
Bear and Sophie were really excited too!
It started snowing on the way up and I was so excited to see how Bear reacted to the snow. He LOVED it! I could hardly get any pictures of him because he was running wild in the mountains. It was SO fun!Family photo by our tree! P.S. My coat is one of my $8 coats from Walmart. I have another one in white.
Daren cutting our tree down!
TA DA! Daren picked out our tree. He said when he saw it that angels sang to him! I LOVE our tree! It's SO PERFECT for our little house!
I LOVE my sister-in-laws!
Carrying and loading the trees!
The whole family! Minus Elder Tom...we miss him!
Angie got creative with the little one.
Me and the puppy! It was SO HARD to get this picture.
I love my hubby!
The Bastos clan!
After cutting down trees we roasted hot dogs, which were SO YUMMY!
And then some MALLOS! They were equally as yummy!
I LOVE the way these turned out. YAY for editing!
Bear LOVES riding in the truck!
That night we watched Fred Clause with James and Susi. Very funny. Definitely a must have!
Sunday morning we decorated our tree! It's SO PRETTY! I am so excited for Christmas!
I had today off. Thank heavens! I needed a day to recover and redecorate my house! We had a GREAT weekend! I did miss my family in Salt Lake though! I'm excited to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas day with them!
12.01.2008
thanksgiving weekend...
Posted by Ash at 8:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Beautiful post Baby! I love the new background and all the little touch ups. I love you!
D
Ash! I updated my playlist with Christmas music- I put "Where Are You Christmas?" in memory of us and the window :)
Ash! I updated my playlist with Christmas music- I put "Where Are You Christmas?" in memory of us and the window :)
Post a Comment