Friday night Daren and myself, along with James and Susi, drove down to Salt Lake to look at the pretty lights on Temple Square. This was mine and Daren's THIRD time seeing them since we've been dating and it was by far the BEST time. Let me tell you why...
1. The first time we went there were a MILLION people there. We had only been dating a few months and Daren had not quite adjusted to the Salt Lake life. Bad news bears.
2. Last year we came down with Jody and Lacey...and Andy I think. Anyways, we drove around for an hour, possibly even longer, and couldn't find a parking space so we left....without looking at the lights. LAME!
This time was so MAGICAL! It was snowing and there weren't a lot of people, which I was completely shocked by. It was quite delightful. PLUS! This time we parked at Gateway and took TRAX. $1 for parking...it should have been free but I forgot to get validation. My bad.
ANYWHO! We had so much with James and Susi. That night we stayed at my parents house. In the morning we got in their hot tub and then had homemade waffles, thanks to mi madre!
Saturday night Daren and I watched The House Bunny, which is SO HILARIOUS! And then went and helped his mom wrap presents. A good time was had by all.
Let me take you through a journey of Friday evening with a few pictures.... Daren's AMAZING parking job. You can't really tell by the picture BUT he is REALLY close to the wall. We had to flip the mirror is so he could fit. AWESOME!
Apparently whoever proof read this sign doesn't understand the English language...
You can't come to Gateway and not get a cookie from Ben's Cookies. DELISH!
TRAX is fun!
Crazy eyes and big hair. What a HOT couple!
Pretty temple!
Darn those coats! I need a new camera...
Temple Square's newest attraction...a long patch of ice! Susi had to wait in line to go down this. We walked by it again about 20 minutes later and there was a HUGE line for it. Pretty hilarious.
Boy do I LOVE him!
Pretty light tree!
This is my favorite row of lights. It's so DREAMY!
Do you think this is a fire hazard?
GOOD TIMES!
12.22.2008
MASSACHUSETTS, MISSISSIPPI!
Posted by Ash at 3:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I love my wife. If you leave a comment, be sure to ask her why the title of this post is 'Massachusetts, Mississippi', unless of course you're a commenter by the name of Susi. :)
D
MASSACHUSETTS!!! MISSISSIPPI!!!
I love you!
How do people not understand the difference between things like 'they're, their and there'? That or how do they pass elementary school if they don't?! It's beyond me. Sounds like a wonderful weekend again. I don't know if it is because I am pregnant or just for the fact that I really like food, but after reading your posts I always want to hang out with you guys for a few days so I can eat all the homemade food you seem to whip up!
Post a Comment