MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Daren and I had a WONDERFUL Christmas! Our families took VERY good care of us! We went down to Salt Lake Wednesday afternoon and spent Christmas Eve and Christmas morning with my family. Then Christmas afternoon we traveled back up to Logan to spend the rest of the day with Daren's family.
P.S. I didn't take a lot of pictures. For some reason Christmas is the ONE holiday that I rarely take any pictures. You would like it would be the other way around.
My family is not one to get up early...THANK HEAVENS! We like to sleep in a little, get ready for the day, eat breakfast, and then open presents. It was so nice and relaxing. We even got to see family that we haven't seen in months so that was really nice. We also won the sibling contest this year. Every year my brothers and I see who can make my mom cry with our Christmas presents. I know it's cruel but it's so fun! She's thinking about getting a trophy for it. I hope she does... At my Ma and Pa's house
Daren's family is so fun to be with especially since there are little kids! It's pretty chaotic but SO FUN! After we had round 2 with presents we ate and played game. At Daren's Ma and Pa's house
Daren opening presents. Yes that is a bowl. It's Daren's very own special cereal bowl. It's HUGE! My man loves cereal!
James and Susi gave Bear this bone for Christmas
Here he is destroying it
This is what was left of it by the end of the night
P.S. Daren and I bet Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader! We were the only ones! HOLLA!
It's SO nice to have both families relatively close to each other. Luckily we got back to Logan before the HUGE snow storm hit.
OH! We had an exciting moment in Sardine Canyon. It was REALLY windy down in the Dry Lake area. Daren started to feel the truck start fish tailing so he changed the gears and looked up in his rear view mirror just in time to watch another truck drive right into a snow bank on the side of the road. The truck was pretty far behind us so it wouldn't have any good to stop but I did call 911 to report it. I hope everyone was okay...
Today Daren and I got up to a TON of snow. Bear is in HEAVEN!
We did some shopping in the morning. Surprisingly there was NOBODY in the stores, even the grocery store was dead. It was so weird but VERY nice!
Another story...and this is a good one! SO! Daren's parents got me new snow pants since mine were ruined in a traumatic accident a few years back. WELL! They were a little snug...I've got a big badonk! ANYWAYS! While we were out we went to Al's Sporting Goods to exchange them for a different size. We had the tags and whatnot. The girl helping us told us to go find the ones we wanted and she would look up the receipt on their computers. So we go and find some ones we wanted, which ironically were the same size as the ones we were returning but they fit WAY better. While I was trying them on (over my clothes) the girl comes up to us and says they can't return them. WHY? Daren's parents bought them on the 24th, I got them the 25th, tried them on, didn't fit, put them back in the bag. WELL! We couldn't return them because there was LINT AND DOG HAIR ON THEM! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I shook them to get all the stuff off and she still wouldn't return them. So Daren went back out to the truck, got a lint roller and I lint rolled the pants in front of them. After I was done they returned them. As we were exchanging them I noticed the pants we got actually had MORE hair and lint on them than the old ones. I told her I wanted a discount on them but she wouldn't give me one (Please note the original girl avoided helping us in the end). I seriously could not believe it! I have never had someone tell me I couldn't return something because there was lint and hair on them! The girl behind us was waiting to exchange a black coat and I almost offered her our lint roller in case she had any problems. LAME!
After our LOVELY experience we finished up some shopping and then went to see Marley and Me with Daren's family. OH MY LAND! It was SO sad. I cried my eyeballs out. I think just about everyone in the theatre was crying...It hit close to home with Bear. However after watching the movie it does make Bear seem a little bit more ANGELIC.
Tonight we went to the Tibbitt's Family Christmas party which just happened to next door. QUITE convenient. It was REALLY fun with delicious food! I LOVE my baby!
We are really exhausted. And our house is a MESS! Our kitchen table is doesn't exist right now. It's pretty much all of my stuff. I moved it from the living room to the table...I probably should I have just put it away. OH WELL! I'll do it next week!
12.26.2008
Christmas and the Mayflower
Posted by Ash at 9:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
That is the weirdest story about returning the pants - beyond annoying! I went and saw Marley and Me as well. Although it was sad, I was dissapointed a little - it definitely wasn't very funny like I thought it was supposed to be. Oh well.
Post a Comment