Saturday, the Tibbitt's gang went up to The Sinks to go snowmobiling. Daren left the house around 6:30 in the morning. There was NO way in crap's name I was getting up that early so I went up with Angie and the kids around 9...well we didn't actually leave Logan til 10.
I wasn't exactly thrilled about going, for 2 reasons:
1. Avalanches freak me out and after the 2 guys died in one just up the mountain I am even MORE freaked out.
2. The last time I went snowmobiling I ran Daren's sled into a tree within the first 10 minutes of being on it. NO BUENO! I still haven't recovered from that event.
I WAS, however, excited to use my new snow boots and pants.
The kids brought up their new sled they got from Santa and we had a BLAST on it! Angie and I went down the HUGE hill a few times and it was SO FUN! We were laughing so hard! I took Makayla down it and then Susi later. I didn't think I was going to drive a snowmobile at all.....BUT!! I got BRAVE and decided to try it. I drove it around the parking lot and I didn't hit anything! I was so proud! Mainly I'm afraid of running into trees or people and tipping it over. I have to gradually ease my way into the whole snowmobiling environment. Baby steps.
My shoes, pants, and $8 Walmart coat worked GREAT! I wasn't cold at all...well my face was but my body wasn't! I was pleasantly surprised.
P.S. I do have a real winter coat besides my Walmart gems but it's kind of ugly...
We had a really good time!
On the way home we stopped to help some old man out of a snow bank. Bless his little heart...we told him to put it in drive and it wasn't going anywhere. Well we found out a few minutes later that he was still in reverse. The guy pulled over so people could pass him and just slid right into the ditch. The car behind us started honking and flipping us off because we pulled over to help. Daren and James yelled profanities at them. We were pulling over to HELP so THEY could PASS! Some people are such jerks! The boys were hoping to catch up to them but alas...they were long gone.
ANYWHO! A few pictures from the day! The kids were really excited to get out in the snow!
My man and his sled. He was SO happy!
YAY for us!
Little Luiz's first AND last ride. He did NOT like the cold! Poor kid slept in the car the entire afternoon.
A cartwheel to begin the day...
Check out the snow ON MY FACE! Talk about a white wash!
Most of the rides on the hill ended like this.
I love my sister in laws! We always have so much fun together! WOOT!
Here I go!
I waved to everyone as I drove by
I made it!
Please notice EVERYONE is wearing an orange coat...and then there is me, in my $8 Walmart coat. God bless the outcast.
It was so beautiful up there!
12.29.2008
INCOMING!
Posted by Ash at 8:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I love my sister in law's too! I love you!!!
Snowmobiles can be scary - itsunderstandable why you might be hesitant. We used to go up the sinks every year and my mom was doing a jump and her feet came out from underneath her, she whacked her head on the handle bars and it popped a nerve in her face and made half of her face sink in. She looked like a skeleton. It was freaky and hilarious to watch all at the same time. Is that bad?! Glad your trip was a little more fun without the injuries ;)
Post a Comment