Oh man this is going to be a LONG post! We have days 5, 6, and 7 to talk about and they were BIG days!
Here goes!
Day 5(Thursday): Thursday I didn't really do much during the day except work on our wedding book (which is looking so AWESOME!). The day all started when our computer just randomly decided to restart and lost the last 5 pages that I had been working! I was so annoyed! I was talking to Daren online when it was happening and we decided it was time to start looking for a new computer. Daren has had this computer since BEFORE he went on his mission, so like 8 or 9 years. OLD! And we had some recent "events" happen to it that have made it run so much slower! So the rest of the afternoon Daren was looking online at some new ones, just the brain part of it. Our monitor was pretty new. ANYWAYS! Daren found a few that he liked so we went into Best Buy after work to look around and see what they had. An hour later we walked out with a BRAND SPANKING NEW COMPUTER! It's so pretty! We got a new monitor, the brain part, and a printer! Oh man I was so excited! The geek squad kept it over night so they could clean it up and load the Microsoft programs as well as a virus program. Our new monitor won't be to us until Wednesday, hopefully. Here's a picture of it in the store. I'll take a real one when we get our monitor and everything cleaned. Our computer room is kind of messy right now. We have one million computers in it, at least it seems like it. 
After we got home Daren fixed the MOST delicious meal, BREAKFAST! We had french toast, eggs, and bacon. He even poured me a big glass of O.J. and a little glass of milk. I LOVE HIM! 

Day 6: THE DAY OF BIRTH! Can I just say I really had the most wonderful birthday and I owe it all to my husband! He has completely gone out of his way to make it PERFECT! I woke up when Daren woke up on Friday, around 7. As I was laying in bed I was listening to the radio and they were doing the birthdays for the day and all of a sudden I heard, "Happy birthday to Ashlee Tibbitts!" WAIT! THAT'S ME!! I was famous for like 7 seconds! It felt SO good! It was all because of my husband. After we had a quick breakfast and Daren was out the door! Bear and I went back to bed for a few more hours. Later that morning I got my MANI AND PEDI and it was so AMAZING! Thanks again to my hubby! 
After my morning at the salon I went SHOPPING! I got such a steal on things! I bought 2 pairs of jeans, 3 shirts, and a skirt for less than $100! I was pretty proud of myself! I was pretty pooped after the morning and afternoon adventures so I headed home to the pup and for a little rest.
A little later in the day I went and helped Kourt's little sister, Kirsten buy her books for the upcoming school year. We had quite the adventure! We first headed over to Beat the Bookstore. I will NEVER buy from them. First, they didn't really have anything. Second, the guy there was SO rude. We bought her math book there because it was the only one they had. After we went up to Aggie Books and found a few more of them, including her math book and it was $30 cheaper so we bought it. We took the first math book back and the guy was so RUDE about it. He kept saying that he didn't believe us and kept playing 20 question about where we got it and how much it was. Finally I said, "Listen I don't really care, we bought a cheaper one and we want to return it!" So we returned it and left laughing! Our final stop was the actual USU Bookstore. We got there when they were closing, like those little gates were shut except for a TINY bit so we hurry and snuck in and ran to the back. We had like 4 people helping us. I think they really wanted us to hurry and get out so they could go home. But we got all her books! VICTORY! P.S. The math book was cheaper at the USU Bookstore than is was at Beat the Books. What a loser!
I finished just in time to pick up Daren from work, grab our computer from Best Buy, and head to dinner! We had reservations at Blackstone at 7 but we were both pretty hungry at 6 so I called them and they said to come on it! So we did! It's pretty nice in there and the food was DELICIOUS! I had the Pesto Chicken and Broccoli and Daren had the Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo. I could only eat part of pasta. I knew I wanted dessert so I had to make sure I had enough room. The dessert was so YUMMY! They knew it was my birthday so they gave us a free cheesecake and then we also got the Triple Layer Chocolate Cake. Oh man it was so rich BUT so good!
It's a little chocolate thing that says "Happy Birthday"
My camera was dead and I didn't realize it until it was too late so all the pictures are from my phone. One of the girls up front offered to take a picture of us with her camera and she's going to e-mail to me...I haven't received that photo yet.
Onward we went back to our house. Oh by the who, I totally forgot my leftovers and I was sad about it! Eh. ANYWAYS! We stopped at the local Redbox for a little flick. There wasn't anything really good there, except for P.S. I Love You. I've been wanting to watch it again for the past few weeks. So since it was my birthday and I have such a great husband, we got it! But first we had to open the last present Daren got for me! Daren had me close my eyes while he got it. He put it on my leg, which I didn't even realize it was there! When I opened my eyes I was a little confused at what it was. Papers? I started reading them and he bought me SEASON 4 OF THE OFFICE! I was SO excited! I still am actually! It doesn't come out until September 2nd but I have a copy already waiting for me! I can hardly wait! I was laying down for the whole process because I was so full from dinner...I think I had my pants unbuttoned too..
My reaction to the news!
This is my YES!!!!! face!
YAY!
Day 7(Saturday): Yes the birthday celebration still continued AFTER my birthday. Saturday morning Daren and I went up to the temple with James and Susi, which is ALWAYS AMAZING! After the temple I went to lunch with Kourt and her little sisters. I love the Kemp girls, well Kourt is a Taylor now. I wish we took pictures. Kourt why didn't we take any pictures?!
After lunch I ran over to Macey's to see if they had any Rainbow Chip frosting since they didn't have any the other night. THEY STILL DIDN'T HAVE ANY! They were completely out! I even made so girl check in the back for me. So I headed over to Smith's. Smith's always comes through for me. Rainbow Chip frosting? CHECK!
Home I went. The rest of the afternoon was spent cleaning and hanging out with James and Susi. James was so nice to help us set up the new comp. They spent the majority of the afternoon and evening trying to figure out how to transfer our pictures and ITunes over to the new one.
My wonderful parents came up for the evening and we had some friends and family come over for ice cream and cake. Daren made the cakes and they were SO good! After cake and ice cream, we went to dinner with my parents and James and Susi and Andy. We all had a good time! It's always so good to see my parents! I'm really grateful that Daren's family and my family get along really well! It was the perfect end to a picture week!
It took me 3 blows to blow all the candles out!
My parents always give us the cutest things to decorate with!
I'm REALLY excited to put this up. It's hard to explain how it works so I'll just take a picture of it when it's up, hopefully this week!
The ENTIRE week was so WONDERFUL! I owe a HUGE thanks to my AMAZING husband, everyone who called me or sent me birthday wishes, my parents, and Daren's parents. THANK YOU! I LOVE YOU ALL!
8.24.2008
The last of BIRTHDAY WEEK!
Posted by Ash at 9:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I love you Baby! May you have many more happy birthday weeks to come!
Love Alwaya!
WOW! Sounds like you had quite the spoiled and eventful week. Full of good food - that is the part I am most jealous about ;) The last picture of the picture frames and wall mount from Rod Works is so cute. Both my mom and sister have it and I love them! Happy birthday!
I totally knew that was from RodWorks! John and I went there this weekend. I almost bought a table runner. Love you ash!
Post a Comment