8.20.2008

Day 2 and 3 of BIRTHDAY WEEK

So far my birthday week has been amazing! Daren has taken such good care of me! Well, he always done but this week he has been SUPER amazing!

Monday (Day 2), when he got home from work he made me dinner. Pasta shells with this white sauce and seared tuna! SO good! One of my favs! He even sang to Happy Birthday to me but changed the words so it fit the occasion of a birthday week. I really love when Daren sings to me because he ALWAYS changes the words, even in church!

I found out earlier that day that kindergarten doesn't start until Monday (my boss is pretty scatter brained) so I wouldn't have to work on my birthday AND I have 3 more days of summer vacay! WOOT! ANYWAYS! Since I don't have to work on my birthday Daren wanted to give me one of my presents so I could use it ON my birthday! OKAY!! So he sat me down and had me close my eyes while he went and got it from his "special hiding place." It was a MANICURE AND PEDICURE! 2 of my FAVORITE things! I'm so excited! I called them the next day and I have an appointment at 11:00 in the morning. And after that I'm going SHOPPING! WOOT!

After opening up my first present. I look pretty homely.

Tuesday (Day 3), was pretty low key on the birthday celebrating since we got to fulfill our callings. Unfortunately for Daren, he got out of work a little later than planned and missed out on the Young Men's activity. There is always next week! And maybe the Young Men will have a set plan too! The Young Women went swimming at a SWEET pool in Brigham City. Nothing says awkward like going swimming with a bunch of people you don't know. It was fun though. I just sat back and watched most of the evening. Believe it or not but I'm pretty shy when it comes to new, BIG groups. Those girls are intimating. Now I know what the leaders I had growing felt like. But I'm really excited to get to know them, they seem like a really tight group. They remind me of the good old 13th ward when I was growing up.

ANYWAYS! I got home around 9 and was feeling kind of munchie, munchie for McDonalds. I didn't want to go get it because it was so late and I DEFINITELY don't need it! But since it is my birthday week Daren made me go. He said if I wanted it, I was going to get it. So we went! And it was so delish. It totally hit the spot. Thanks baby! I really have the BEST husband and I could not ask for anyone better!

Drinking my delicious Root Beer. Again sorry about the homeliness. I just got back from swimming and my swimming suit was bothering me.

On a side note. When we first got Bear he was so little that he could fit under Daren's bed and sleep. Well obviously he got a lot bigger and soon couldn't fit. Now that we got this new bed frame, it has raised the bed and now Bear has been sleeping under the bed. It quite cute actually. It's like his own little den/hiding spot. He loves it!

See?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baby, I love how special you look in these pictures! I promise, Ashlee doesn't always look homely. She definately looks cute ALL the time though! Look at the rootbeer picture and tell me that isn't cute?! And my dog is awesome! He is a little puppy! Love you Babe!

Melanie said...

I miss the good old 13th ward. But I'm excited for you to play with the YW! I know you'll be the favorite very quickly...and I think D is right...you always look cute...even at girls camp. :)