The title of this post is awkward. Oh well.
My birthday celebrations have finally ended. I'm pretty sad about it. My parents came up on Saturday and celebrated my birth. We went to dinner, opened presents, and then got Aggie Ice Cream. It was a most enjoyable evening. I didn't take any pictures though! Rats! I love my parents and I'm so happy they came up to see us! I think they should come up more often...Mom...My mom was so very kind and brought these up for me! I've been craving them for several weeks!
Anywho! Sunday we celebrated with Daren's side of the family. My cake was so delicious! And there weren't any children around so I was able to blow out my own candles! WOOT!How cute is my birthday cake?!
I seriously have the best family and family-in-law EVER! I don't know how I got so lucky! For reals.
We froze our corn last night. A garden is a lot of work but I enjoy having fresh veggies to eat whenever I want! Our tomatoes are coming along nicely, just waiting for them to turn red. I don't like tomatoes but Daren does and I am very excited for him to eat one.Check out this bad boy! Daren picked this zucchini from our garden this week.
Elder Harley is home! He came home from his mission the Friday we were in Oregon but we've been able to see him several times since then. He is in the same mission as Daren's brother, Tom. They both grew up in the same ward and went to the exact same mission. Crazy, huh? His homecoming was on Sunday and he did a great job! I love Harley...and his mom! Sorry ladies, he is spoken for!
Our basement somehow flooded while we were in Oregon so we are going to assess the damage tonight. Maybe we can get it to stop smelling like a rotting dead body down there. Wish us luck!
Life is grand. Peace.
9.01.2009
more birthday and more...
Posted by Ash at 4:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
That is lame about your basement, sorry. That zucchini is friggin huge - funny you should mention both the zucchini and chocolate raisins in your post because I have been craving those raisins badly along with zucchini bread. Happy Birthday!
You are still celebrating your bday!! Lucky!!! I still need to celebrate with you though :) I'll come up to Logan sometime at the end of this month or beginning of next. I'll let you know and hopefully you'll be around!! I love you!!
Happy birthday! I think your zucchini plant any mine were friends cause i got one that big too. I got 13 cups of grated stuff out of it. Good thing we can freeze it!
i LOVE the family pic at the top of this page.
you're gorgeous.
p.s. happy birthday.
woo hoo for birthday weeks! that cake looks awesome by the way. sucks to hear that your basement flooded while you were on the vacay...hope the damages weren't too bad.
Good luck with the basement. That is noooo fun! And I think I am going to have to argue about the best family & family-in-law ever... mine is like the best. Ever. (Okay, I am sure yours are great, too!)
Post a Comment