8.24.2009

road trips, birthdays, and weddings!

HELLO FOLKS!

This is going to be a LOONNGG post! So if you get bored, I don't blame you, but you won't. Trust me.

My birthday week was FABULOUS! Husband took GREAT care of me. Treating me to all my favorite foods and desserts. It was pretty low key this year because we were freaking busy getting ready to leave on our vacay! We went out to dinner one night and of course, the presents! He, James and Susi got my Season 5 of The Office, which doesn't come out until September 8th, but I already have a copy that is paid for! WOOT! He also got me a Swiffer Wet Jet! I have seriously been wanting one of these for SO long! I went shopping before we left for Oregon and got some new clothes AND the Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner. I never thought the day would come when I asked for cleaning products for my birthday....Anywho! My birthday week isn't over with! This weekend we are celebrating with Daren's family AND my family.

WAIT! I just remember Daren has one more present for me! Please hold people!

Alright I'm back! One hour massage here I come! I love my husband! He knows me so well!

On Thursday Daren, the puppy and myself packed up our rental (which was a freaking joke) and headed out to OREGON! ROAD TRIP BABY!

We had SO much fun! Puppy did so great too! At first he was a little confused but after a while he caught on! He was usually in the following positions...
He was happiest at times like these...





We stayed in Burns, Oregon Thursday night. Burns is a small town and also quite enjoyable. We drove through a lot of ideal small towns...if only we had time to stop at all of them!



How cute is this little Oregon picture?




When I saw this car dealership I realized that I had been to Burns before!! Who would have thought I had a past with Burns, Oregon! In case you were wondering why this stuck out...it's my daddy's name!




It was a LONG drive. 14 hours each way. Daren is SO AWESOME, he drove the ENTIRE way there AND back! That is almost 30 hours of his life spent driving!

The last part of the drive was very beautiful. It looked like this most of the time!




We got to Yachats, Oregon (our final destination) around 2:30 Friday afternoon. Yachats is known as the "Gem of Oregon" and it sure was a gem! Although we still don't know how to properly say it...We checked into our SWEET hotel and headed down to the beach. Our hotel was right on the ocean. It was so awesome!


Our view from our hotel room...well you walked out on this little deck and then this was our view. We were about 2 minutes from the ocean.


Our little deck. I loved it!


We were so excited to take Bear to the ocean and he LOVED it! At first he was unsure of the waves but he got used to it. Him and Daren played fetch and they had a great time!







That is my lame excuse for a heart...about 30 seconds after I took this picture Bear ran right through it and ruined it.


Puppy loved the ocean but he didn't love taking a bath after. He was so cold he was shaking! We wrapped him in this very masculine pink towel.


The main reason for going to Oregon was to attend the wedding of a very good friend. I've known Lindsay since first grade and it was an event that I definitely could NOT miss! Friday night we went to a Rehearsal/Fiesta/Party for the Lindsay and Andy. They had a pinata! How awesome is that!? I only wish I would have thought of it for our wedding!

The sunsets were so beautiful!





Saturday morning, my birthday, we went and got breakfast, came back to the hotel, and ate it while we listened to the ocean. Such an awesome way to start the day! After breakfast we laid in bed and relaxed. A few hours later we headed back down to the ocean. The waves were WILD! It was so fun to watch!





Family photo! I told Daren I wanted a family photo by the ocean before we left and we got one!




We were sitting on some rocks and all of a sudden this HUGE wave attacked us! It was quite hilarious!





Leave it to our dog to find a freaking BRANCH from a tree to play with! He would pick this thing up and run around in circles with it. When the waves would push it, Bear would get really confused. It was very entertaining to watch!




Saturday night was the wedding! When Lindsay first told me she was getting married on my birthday I was thrilled! What better day to get married than the day I came into this world?! RIGHT?! I decided to revoke my "birthday girl" status so Lindsay could have the day! It was TOTALLY worth it! Lindsay's sweet family told me happy birthday about a million times that night. Her dad even wished me a happy birthday when he was welcoming everyone to the wedding dinner. It was very sweet! Lindsay was INCREDIBLY beautiful! Which if anyone knows Lindsay it is NOT surprising!

View from where the wedding was


The wedding was at the Heceta Lighthouse, which I was reading, is the most photographed lighthouse in Oregon. It was an incredible place to have a wedding that is for sure!



Lindsay looked AMAZING! And if you look closely you can see that she is crying! In all the years I've known Lindsay I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen her cry. It made me cry...



The bridesmaids were shaking so bad because they were cold! It was funny to watch but I felt bad for them!




SO HAPPY!!







The sunset that night was fantastic!


We got up SUPER early Sunday morning and drove ALL day. We finally got home around 9:30 Sunday night, just in time to unpack and go to bed!
Daren and puppy looking at a lake and burned down trees.


Bear got pretty restless during the last few hours of the drive. All he wanted to do was lay on Daren's lap...Poor puppy



I let him drink the rest of the water from my cup and then gave him the cup to chew on...That lasted about 2 minutes.




It was such a fun trip! I'm so glad we were able to go. Thanks Lindsay and Andy for getting married in such a beautiful place! And thanks for inviting us!

Wow this post is longer than I thought. In all reality I probably should have broken it down into several different posts...too late now!

4 comments:

Jody and Lacey said...

Glad you guys had fun!

Lindsay said...

Thanks so much for posting this Ash! I'm so glad you guys were able to come to the wedding and that you had a good time. And I was as shocked as you were that I started crying...did not expect that!!

Adam and Cassie said...

Yay for Lindsay. She did look beautiful.

Sarah said...

1. Happy Birthday!
2. I love Oregon and am jealous you got to go. Hope it was fun!
3. You look gorgeous.