9.13.2009

football and babies!

Daren and I went to Salt Lake this weekend. We haven't been in quite sometime so we were pretty excited about it!

Friday night we went to Shane's football game at Cottonwood. Cottonwood won. 52-16. WOOT! It was a good time and Shane played great!

I decided that Daren and I should have had a LARGE sign that said "Just Married" at our wedding. We could have run through it at the end of the night! We also should have had a pinata...



Shane is #32.




I LOVE the view from the football stadium!





During half time Cottonwood did their mini-cheer performance and the little girl across the street from my mom did it. Holy crap she is SO cute! I have to tell this story.....A couple weeks ago my mom called their house to ask if they wanted more zucchini bread, well the little girl, Jordyn, answered and she kept asking if she could have a piece of the bread...or so my mom thought! My mom kept saying yeah you can have some but Jordyn kept asking. My mom could hear her parents laughing in the background and finally they said, 'say it loud. Jordyn said, "CAN I TALK TO TEAGUE?!" All she wanted to do was talk to my dad!


Isn't she SO FREAKING ADORABLE?!


Her mom made her this cute mini cheerleader skirt.




Saturday we to the bar. It is true folks. My parents took us to lunch at the Cotton Bottom Bar. My parents always go there and always rave about their garlic burgers. I tell you what, they did NOT disappoint! They were so good...I was tasting garlic all day and all night!

After lunch we ran some errands and hung out with the family. My dad and Daren started working on my dad's car so my mom and I went grocery shopping and then over to Andy and Lindsay's open house.

This morning we headed up to meet our newest nephew! James and Susi FINALLY had their baby Saturday morning. He was only 5 days over due! He is SO cute. I love him!
Haden James Tibbitts. Welcome to earth.


I got really excited about him being the "cutest baby in the nursery" like the little card says....but then I found out they give all the babies that card...






Before we headed up to the hospital we got a visit from one of the bishopric. We were released from our calling today. It's a bitter sweet thing. We taught the 14-15 year Sunday School class and they were just starting to grow on me. But they want us to start going to some Marriage and Family Relations class during Sunday School. I'm not really sure how I feel about it. I mean, I'll go, but does the bishopric think we need it?! Should I be offended? I do not know. I'm anxious to see what other couples will be invited to go.

All in all we had a great weekend! It is so nice to go down to Salt Lake and not have anything to do except hang out with your family! Thanks mom and dad!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

You are probably the last two people on earth who need a marriage and family class- they are probably just trying to "baby you up." Don't tell anyone I said that....

Kourtney and Nathan said...

I would have liked to have had a pinata too!