Where o' where do I begin?!
We've had a pretty eventful week.
I made my first cheesecake. Our bodies almost caught on fire/blew up. We celebrated the 24th...on the 17th. And we "tried" to go boating.
I'll start with the cheesecake. I've always wanted to make a cheesecake, now I know I can. On Tuesday it was Jody's birthday. I know he loves cheesecake and he loves Key Lime SO naturally I made a Key Lime Cheesecake. I must say it was DA BOMB! And it didn't even crack! Well I take that back. It had a little crack on the side when I took it out of the oven but when it set the crack went away. WOOT! YUMMY!
SO! A few days after the cheesecake, Daren and I were over at his parents along with James and Susi....and Andy. We were working on the boat, as we have been doing for the past 2 months. We finally got all the seats recovered except for the captain's chair. ANYWHO! The boys were trying to get it to start and it seems as if they had accomplished that goal. They were revving it up and all of a sudden BOOM!! FIRE!! FOR REALS PEOPLE! THE BOAT FREAKING CAUGHT ON FIRE! Daren yelled everybody out of the boat! What did I do?! I freaking SAT THERE! Even Susi who is 8 months prego bailed out the side of it. BUT NOT ME! Apparently I have the reflex's of the SNAIL! Daren had to pull me out like a helpless human being. FREAK! Either Andy or Daren grabbed the fire extinguisher in the boat...it didn't work! That's good to know! Luckily, we were at his parents house because there are fire extinguishers everywhere. Fortunately, nobody got seriously hurt. James doesn't have any hair on the left side of his arm and his facial hair got a little burnt. It was WILD! They decided it had something to with the LED lights in the back of the boat mixed with a leak in the fuel line...that will do it! About 5 minutes before the fire started Susi asked James if she okay to sit in the boat because she was worried about it blowing up....oh the irony!
This is the only seat that got any damage from the fire, thank heavens! It was also the one I was sitting against. Please excuse my homely appearance, I had been at the pool all day.
I don't know what that is but it doesn't look very good!
Last night, Friday, we went out to Hyde Park and celebrated the 24th of July....even though it was only the 17th. Hyde Park always does fireworks around the 24th and its one of my favorite times to watch them. We left the puppy at home this time. We figured he would be happier at home than watching the fireworks again. Daren's aunt and uncle live across the street from where they shoot them off. I mean we can literally watch the guys light the fireworks, that's who close we are! We went over for a BBQ and some good times! Anything with food and fireworks is a good time though!See these cupcakes? See the middle of them? Guess what it is? CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH! BOO YEAH!
Hello cleavage, how are you?
This picture didn't turn quite as I expected but you get the point. He LOVED those glow sticks. He would watch Daren whip them around and make cool colors, then he would try and do it himself.
And lastly...today we tried to go boating. I use the word "try" because it didn't really happen. We had planned to leave at 9am...we didn't get to the dam until 10:30. We started the boat in the parking lot. We loaded the boat down into the water. The boat wouldn't start. Lame. James and Andy take the battery back to Sam's Club. That is where they found out there are 2 different batteries. One to START the boat and one to RUN the boat. Apparently, boats these days hold 2 batteries. Since our boat is from the dinosaur ages it only has one and we happened to get the battery to just START the boat, not actually run it. LAME! We finally get the boat in the water around noon. The boat starts but doesn't go fast. It won't get the high RPM's we need in order to actually use the boat for what we intend to use it for, i.e. wakeboarding and tubing...and feeling the sweet air blow through your air as you work on your tan. ANYWHO! As the boys pull the boat in the caption's chair BREAKS! Down right falls off. Around 1:30 we are headed home and everyone is in a REALLY good mood...NOT! BOATING=FAILED!
The boys think it is the carburetor. They are going to clean it out and we'll try again. We have all put a good amount of time AND money into this stupid boat so we WILL go boating this year. I promise.
If all else fails we are going to drive it off a cliff and collect the insurance on it.
I think the only one who was happy about not going boating was Bear. He is still not a fan of the boat.
All in a weeks time. I'm tired.
7.18.2009
where to begin?
Posted by Ash at 4:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
My father in law had a boat very much like that. It caught fire WHILE WE WERE BOATING. Seriously, we almost sank because the fire made a hole and water started coming in. It was one of the most terrifying experiences of my life. I'm glad to be alive. K well, good post and I don't know what my point was! Ttyl!
Oh,yeah, now I remember: how do you make the cookie dough cupcakes? K all done.
That cheesecake looks fantabulous. But you still need to try Red Lobsters. They pair it with a raspberry sauce - I know, who would have thunk?! But it is to die for!
Ashlee, I'm jealous of your blog writing skills. I love reading your blog and what you post, you're always so creative. Hope you guys are doing well. Aaron says hi!
Post a Comment