This weekend was the 1st Annual SISTER'S TRIP! My sister in laws and I went away for the weekend for some quality bonding time and it was AWESOME! WE HAD SO MUCH FUN!!
We decided to go to Park City and I'm so glad we did! We left Friday afternoon, stopped at Chick Fil a in Ogden, got stuck in some SUPER crappy traffic, and talked A LOT about giving birth. I tell you what...I think I'm going to buy all of my children. All this talk about pregnancy has REALLY deterred my desire to have kids...
ANYWHO! We finally got to Park City around 6:30. We checked into our hotel and decided to go sit in the hot tub before our movie started at 10. While we were in the hot tub it started to POUR! It was wild. None of us brought jackets so we stopped at the local Walmart to buy one. We also got some cheap candy for the movie along with a few other choice items. The Walmart in Park City is GHETTO! This was our view from our hotel. Check out those black clouds coming in!
Ang was floating away...
This is what we were watching while we were sitting in the hot tub. I thought it was so cool how the dark clouds were on top and the light clouds were underneath it.
Beautiful sunset after the storm!
We went and saw The Proposal which was HILARIOUS! We were laughing to hard! There was a lady sitting behind us that would SCREAM when she started laughing really hard. Seriously. SCREAM. Next time I see you remember me to reenact it. I think I have it down pretty good now. OH! We also flirted our way into getting Angie into the movie for FREE! I only wish we would have started flirting earlier... Angie did buy us popcorn to make up for it. After the movie we stopped at McDonald's so Angie could eat again...
Saturday morning we slept in, which was awesome, ate breakfast and then went SHOPPING! We seriously shopped for 8 hours on Saturday. Sick, I know. But it was so fun and we got some great deals!I forgot how beautiful Park City is! Look how cute we are in our bright colors!
A few of my favorite purchases were, but not limited to, some sparkly pink flip flops from Gap Kids, yes they are children shoes. I actually bought 2 pairs of children's shoes this weekend...for myself. Oh the joys of having small feet! I also got an awesome onesie for Shannon's baby, a new swimming suit for $5, and lots of other SWEET things. After shopping in Park City we had some lunch and then headed to Ogden for a little Target shopping spree where I got a new purse and dress from Target! I love them both! When I went to check out at Target I asked the creepy check out man for a discount on my bag. He told me he could only give me a 10% discount, I told him that was cool. Well he rang up my dress first and ended up giving me $8 off my dress! Way more than 10%, it was like 40%! I was pretty stoked about it. Then his computer froze...kind of funny!Don't you love these?! I want to click my heels and say "There's no place like home."
I really want a shirt like this...Happy having a baby Shan! You'll get it when you have the baby so start pushing!
We finally decided to head back to Logan around 7:00 at night. We stopped in Brigham City so Angie could get her long awaited salad from Wingers. It was actually REALLY good. We had to wait about half an hour total for a salad from Winger's (we went through the drive through) and a Strawberry Limeade from Sonic. I think on any other given day it would have annoyed me that we had to wait so long but we were having so much fun I was totally okay with it.
We were all happy to be back to our men and children but we had such a good time!! We all went over budget in our shopping but it was totally worth it! I'm so grateful for my sister in laws and the fact that we all get along so well!
You may wonder what the boys did while we were gone?? Well they for sure didn't shower, they ate at Betos, worked on their movie, and had a SLEEP OVER with the dogs! I'm also very grateful that Daren and his brothers get along so well! I think they secretly never wanted the weekend to end so they wouldn't have to part!
I have the week off so I'm going to clean out my fridge/freezer, do some D.I. cleaning, and CELEBRATE THE FOURTH OF JULY!! It is seriously my favorite holiday and I plan on watching fireworks 3 nights in a row! That's right, 3 NIGHTS! WOOT!
6.28.2009
sister's trip!
Posted by Ash at 8:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
This sounds like SO much fun! Im super glad you get along with your sister-in-laws and can go on trips with them!
I LOVE THE ONESIE! I literally LOLed all by myself in my office when I saw it. This child is going to lover her Aunt Ash!
I sure do hope your plans this weekend are flexible! Im due in a week and you had better come to the hospital if Ashlee Jr is born!
Hey, I showered.
D
Post a Comment