We did lots o' celebrating this weekend!
Friday was our ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY! Can you believe it?! It went by SO fast. They say the first year is the hardest, if that is true then BRING IT ON! I look back on where we were in life this time last and where we are now and it is amazing to see the difference. All good, definitely all good! It has been an AMAZING year and I can't wait for the next 80!
I had the day off, since the last day of school for the regular year was on Thursday. Unfortunately, Daren had to work and there was NO way he could have taken it off. They have been SLAMMED this week and there have only been 2 service writers there, as opposed to 4. NO BUENO for Daren but BUENO for our bank account! ANYWHO! I worked in the yard a little bit and cleaned the house Friday morning. Luckily, Daren was able to sneak away for lunch. Puppy and I took him some mac and cheese, strawberries, some Wendy's chicken nuggets and HSM 3 fruit snacks. We went to the park and had a nice picnic...until it started to rain. After lunch I went back home and finished cleaning and getting ready. I was folding the laundry when I heard someone at the door. Who the H is that?! IT WAS DAREN!! His boss and the other service advisor told him he could leave early and they would hold the fort down. I was SO excited! We opened our presents and left earlier for dinner so we could beat the rush! We headed over to the Olive Garden and it was DELISH! After dinner we Redbox'd a movie, He's Just Not That Into You. It was pretty funny. I was not a fan of the whole affair issue though. Whatev!Daren sent me flowers are work the day before. SO PRETTY and so thoughtful!
For our anniversary I got him Mall Cop, Son in Law, and Married with Children: Season Ten. Nothing says I love you like Al Bundy and Pauly Shore, right?! :)
Daren got me flowers, a gift card to Old Navy, and this super cute skirt!
My DELICIOUS orange drink! I ate most of the whipped cream before I even took one sip.
At dinner
YAY FOR US! I heart him!
Saturday we celebrated Providence's 100th Birthday....or was it 150th? I can't remember. Regardless it was a big deal and a lot of fun! They dedicated a Pioneer Monument by the Old Rock Church. They had a little program and President Packer came up and did the dedication. It was pretty sweet. We met some of Daren's family over there. After the dedication the kids had a bike parade, which we didn't see because nobody really knew where it started or ended. After the parade we went over to the park and hung out while the kids played on all inflatable stuff. I REALLY LOVE small town events. As Daren and I were waiting for the dedication to start we decided that we could live in Providence the rest of lives. It's so peaceful and the people are great! I've already found the house I want to live in. As soon as it goes up for sale IT'S MINE!Waiting for the dedication to start
President Packer. Isn't he so cute?!
The Pioneer Monument that was dedicated.
In all of my 5 years at Utah State I ALWAYS wanted my picture with Big Blue and I never got it...until now! 2 years after I graduated I FINALLY got it! We saw him on our way to the fair. Bear did NOT like him. As soon as Big Blue put his around me Bear started FREAKING OUT! Seriously! It was kind of funny and I'm pretty sure Big Blue almost peed his pants.
I love my monkey!
After the celebrating we did some more yard work. Daren took apart of tractor....again. However this time I think we have completely fixed the problem! We'll find out next week! I have never seen a man so happy to mow a lawn than my husband. He plugs in his I POD and goes to town. Occasionally he'll break out the air guitar and rock and roll signs...while he's mowing. It's quite entertaining to watch him
Later than night we went to James and Susi's for a BBQ, got a snow cone, and then watched a movie with Jody and Lacey. They brought over Australia. It was pretty good, quite touching. Not touching enough to buy though. It was LONG! I thought it was going to end like 5 different times...
We went to my favorite snow cone place and I still think they are my fav. The ice is SO AMAZING! It doesn't ever get hard...not even at the very end of the snow cone when the ice usually clumps together. I had the Kiwi Banana and I must say I think it's my new favorite flavor. We only a few more to try until we make our final decision.
P.S. I've noticed that every snow cone shack we've been to has punch cards. I like it.
6.07.2009
celebrating!
Posted by Ash at 4:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Congrats on the anniversary!!! Remember how we live so close to each other and never hang out. We should probably change that.
YAY for 1 year Anniversaries! I think you forgot to blog about your favorite present you got for it though...*wink wink* (jk Daren!)
Ha ha Shan! FYI to anyone who reads this - I got Ash a skirt and certificate to Old Navy and some flowers. And then I take her to dinner. We are sitting there eating our soup and salad and Shan texts me and says to have Ash call her ASAP. I call on my phone and hand it to Ash, who finds out Shannon has won tickets to Kenny Chesney and is taking Ash. My wife almost cried. I gave Shannon a hard time for trumping my gift, but it was all in good humor. Ash will love shopping for clothes . . . probably for the Kenny concert.
D
Congrats on one year! I can tell you had an awesome anniversary. Cody should take some pointers from Daren!
Post a Comment