5.24.2009

semi's and gardens

I think I will FINALLY be caught up on blogging after this post. I'm doing 2 in 1 this time!

First I will start with last Thursday. It was a bad day. On my way to work I got CLIPPED by a semi truck! Well it was more of a "large load" type truck thing.

Here's what happened! I was going to turn right. The truck was in the STRAIGHT lane but decided to turn right and BAM! He got the me! It was bad news! I was kind of freaking out. I wasn't sure what to do so I called Daren. Daren and Jeremy came down to comfort me. The police arrived....and so did a "witness" who I swear was on a power trip! UGH! She told the police that "it was obvious he was going to turn." I was like, if it was obvious WHY WOULD I TRY AND TURN TOO?!?! I was REALLY annoyed! Plus the driver of the other truck was HAPPY and acting like it just made his day. SO ANNOYING! I wanted to punch him in the face! Anyways, after half an hour of the cop patting his buddies on the butt and having a social gathering, he finally got to work on the insurance papers and whatnot. An hour later I GOT THE TICKET! I got a ticket for "passing on the right"....even though I was making a right hand turn. Apparently around here large trucks can do whatever the crap they want! I was SO irritated!

We took our truck in to get fixed and it was done a few days later. I got to drive a SWEET rental for a few days which I thoroughly enjoyed. Daren and I picked the truck up and noticed the side mirror wasn't even touched! I called them and they said they didn't even know it was broken! How could you not notice the HUGE crack in the mirror?! Needless to say we are waiting for a check from State Farm so we can order one ourselves.

On a happy note: The check will be enough for us to get a mirror AND most of our deductible back. We'll only be about $20 short of our deductible. SWEET! But we still need to pay the ticket AND traffic school. I haven't called on the ticket yet...I keep putting it off....

If you want to see the pictures you'll have to look up the police report :)

Last week we were SUPER busy! We were only home one night last week and that night we planted a GARDEN! WOOT! It took forever but I am REALLY excited about it. Thankfully Daren's mom came out and helped us! We planted corn, beans, tomatoes, cucumbers, and zucchini.
We didn't plant the whole thing. We are sharing half of it with Daren's aunt and uncle, who also happen to be our neighbors.


Tomato plants!

This was actually taken the day AFTER we planted it. We BARELY got the garden finished before dark.

We are going to have veggies coming out of our ears! Would you like some? In 65 days you can have some! You know what they say! Sharing is caring!

P.S. We tried that new Tropical Snow snow shack the other day. This was our conclusion. They had GREAT ice, which in my opinion will either make or break the snow cone. HOWEVER! They were a little pricey for the amount of snow cone you got AND they charge TAX! Our total was $5.38. That was a first for me.

We are going to try my favorite snow cone place next! It's been in my top fav for the past 3 years!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Looks like you will have a nice garden this year. :) Looks like fun!

Megan said...

That stinks about the accident. We finally planted out garden too, but ours isn't as large and my husband is pretty selective of the things he will eat. So if you are wanting to share, you know I am always willing to eat ;)