5.11.2009

happy mama's day!

This weekend Daren and I spent Saturday down in Salt Lake with my mama. She had to work in the morning so we didn't get down there until about 1:30 in the afternoon. I told her I wanted to do whatever she was doing. SO....we went grocery shopping with her and my dad! HA! It was actually really fun. My parents are GREAT! After grocery shopping we hung out around the house and then went to dinner at Market Street Grill with the family. We a good time and LOTS of laughs! Jace and I started talking about all the things we did in high school that we didn't tell my parents. It was pretty entertaining. Jace had WAY more stories than I did...If I had a dollar for every time I've heard the phrase "Don't tell mom and dad but guess what happened...." from BOTH of my brothers I would probably be a millionaire. My mom got a good laugh from everything but my dad...well he was pretty quiet. He later told us he was trying to remember everything we were telling him so he could start praying for our redemption. HA! Shane didn't have many stories to tell...probably cause they are still fresh. Give him a couple years and they'll all come out! It was SO fun!

After dinner we went and visited my grandma. I tell you what, she is getting HILARIOUS in her old age. She was talking about one of her friends and I asked her if she had a crush on him. She told me she didn't want to get mixed up with a 93 year old. HA! I don't blame her though! Jace and one of his friends stopped by too and she kept calling Jace's friend his boyfriend. It was REALLY funny! Jace tried to correct her but she wouldn't have anything do with it. After visiting my grandma, Daren and I headed back up to Logan.

Sunday we got to spend the evening with Daren's mom AND Tom called! Tom is Daren's brother who is on a mission in the big VA. I didn't get to talk to him since he only had about 40 minutes but Daren did! From the sounds of it he is doing really good! Hopefully that will be the last time he gets to call home...he's coming home at the end of the year and we are hoping it's before Christmas!

We had a great weekend being with our mom's! Both of our mom's are AMAZING! Daren and I have both said numerous times that we are blessed with amazing parents AND amazing in-laws! I couldn't ask for better!

I didn't take any pictures this weekend but here are 2 from our wedding!
Me and my mom!

Daren and his mom!

Happy Mother's Day!!

0 comments: