5.21.2009

hogle zoo

FINALLY! I'm SO behind in blogging and it's driving me nuts!! One day I will get caught up!

Last Saturday Daren and I went with his family to Hogle Zoo. Our sister-in-law, Susi, wanted to go for her birthday so we went! It was SO fun! Susi and myself channeled our inner child and had a great time! Poor Daren! He was probably so sick of us by the end of the night!

We had breakfast at Daren's parents house in the morning, stopped at Krispy Kreme on the way down, and arrived at the zoo around 11...I think.

I can't remember the last time I went to the zoo. It's been like 15 years and everything is SO different! I didn't think it would take us all day but sure enough, IT DID! And we didn't even see everything! BUT! You know what we did see?! A TON of prego ladies! Seriously every other person was prego with an eggo. It was insane!

There are a lot of pictures so just prepare yourself...



I remembered this lion from my childhood.

My chunky monkey! Kayzen...not Lornel! HA!



I LOVE his eyes!

We were REALLY excited to ride the carousel! For reals! And they went up and down!





I had to CLIMB up this rhino! Half of it was BURNING hot and the other wasn't. It made it very difficult to stay on.

I think zebras are rad.



We found these ideal rocking chairs at the end of the day.



A TRAIN RIDE to end the day!

On our way back to Logan we stopped at Tai Pan and got a few ideal items. I sure do love that store!

It was a really fun day! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUSI! Even though it's been like a week....

2 comments:

Shannon said...

That sounds like so much fun! I have been wanting to go to the zoo forever...but I cannot imagine walking around all day with a hugr belly. It gives me Braxton Hicks contractions just thinking about it.

PS, i think my fav pic is of you touching the monkeys nipple

Megan said...

I am glad you got a picture of your head in the lion - no trip to the zoo would be complete without it. And seriously, I swear EVERYONE IS prego right now.