As I mentioned in my previous blog, yesterday we were suppose to be finishing the garage. I think it's safe to say we didn't. Daren cleaned off a few shelves, we threw some carpet in the back of the truck, and that was about it. HOWEVER! We did have quite the adventure with CORN! Grandpa Don informed us that if we didn't doing anything with all his corn it was going to go bad. So off to work we went. I have NEVER seen so much corn in my entire life. Not even at those corn stands in the summer. Seriously. Hundreds and hundreds of ears of corn. We shucked, cut, and then either bottled or froze it. This was my first time partaking of this process and let me tell you, it was intense. It was fun though, despite it being freezing. It felt like the middle of October last night! It only took a couple of hours to finish this batch..I hope the next one isn't as big.
Last night I was dreaming of corn the ENTIRE night. There was so much corn and we kept pouring it in and out of bottles and nothing was getting done! Oh it was AWFUL! I tossed and turned all night. True story. Cutting the corn. Electric knifes are AWESOME! It inspired me to break the one we got for our wedding out!
This is probably only 1/5 of the amount of corn we had. For reals people.
Look how "happy"....and homeless my cute husband looks?!
All of bags of corn ready to freeze...plus we had 18 regular sized jars and 4 LARGE jars of it.
We came home with this much corn.
Basically if you need corn, I think I know where you can get some.
9.02.2008
corn, corn, corn
Posted by Ash at 2:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I would like it known that I do not look homeless. I look like someone who dressed to clean a garage in clothes that he knew were probably going to get dirty. OK, well, maybe a little homeless. But take the homeless jacket off and I promise I look WAY good. :) Love you Baby!
D
I want some corn!
Wow- I just got so hungry for corn all the sudden. Is that corny or what?!
Will you and Darren adopt me? Or can Adam and I come and take a vacation in Logan and stay at the Tibbit casa and soak up your fun-ness!? PLease!!! Its my birthday wish!
Post a Comment