7.13.2008

play time in the ditch!

Yesterday I was outside playing with Bear and I noticed that my cuticles were looking a little shabby. So I went inside for literally 4 seconds to grab my cuticle clippers, which were in my purse which was by the front door. When I came back I couldn't find Bear. I called for him, nothing. Across the street there is a little field thing he likes to play in, I looked there, nothing. I start walking around to the backyard and I see him!

On the edge of our property there is a little ditch. It's mainly used for people to irrigate their lawn with. Every now and again the gates will open and there will be water running down it. Sure enough yesterday there was water flowing in it and my dog was right in the middle of it.

I looked over to see Bear running up and down the ditch at FULL speed! He would run on the grass and then LEAP into the water and run and then get back out. It was so hilarious! He was having a such a good time! He just kept running and running for probably half an hour straight, which is a long time for our dog!




Then we decided we should give him a bath while he's all wet.


As soon as Daren finished bathing him what did he do? Oh he IMMEDIATELY starting rolling around in the grass and leaves and dirt. I think Bear knew he was clean and to him that is unacceptable. He's a boy. Go figure.


After his bath he didn't really want to get back in the water. I wonder why?!


I'm still trying to figure out why he so willingly played in the this water but he didn't like the lake. Maybe he's warming up to the idea of water.

We love our puppy.

2 comments:

jenny said...

he is the freaking cutest thing-!! i love how he's all frolicking in the water..

i want a puppy.

Anonymous said...

FYI - The puppy and his daddy love the puppy's mommy. :)

Love you Babe!

D