7.11.2008

Free slurpee day...

...was SO disappointing!!

Daren got off work early today. On our way home we decided to stop at the local 7-11 and participate in Free Slurpee Day. As well pulled up there were signs all over the doors and inside the store saying they ran out of free slurpee cups! I didn't believe my eyes. We went in hoping they would offer some sort of discount to all of us less fortunate who didn't get a free slurpee. NOTHING! But now my taste buds were craving a slurpee so Daren and I went ahead and spent our own $2.75 on slurpees. I asked the guy when they ran out of slurpees and he said 2 hours ago. Who runs out of free slurpee cups at 3 in the afternoon?!

All of my hopes and dreams were shattered. Now I have to wait another 365 days for July 11th to come around again. Next year we are going early, at 12:01 am.

July 11th was probably one of my favorite days of the year..until this year. Now it's down there with Arbor Day and Mexico's Independence Day.


Us

By the who! I was totally right about Thayne and Comfort. Good bye.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Ash, I'm so glad to hear that you participated in Free Slurpee Day (or at least tried to). I kept telling people about it all day long and no one had a clue!

Anonymous said...

It was a good Slurpee, even if we had to pay for it. Love you Babe!

D