The 4th of July is my favorite holiday! I LOVE fireworks! I think they are so magical!
This weekend was VERY eventful and SO fun! We started off the long weekend by going to a BBQ at James and Susi's on Thursday. Logan always does their fireworks the day before the actual holiday. I still don't know why but whatev. The BBQ was way fun and of course we did our own illegal fireworks before the big ones. We had a great view of the fireworks from the front yard of the house! This moment of the night might have been my favorite. Luiz was playing with one of his trucks and little Willow came up, took the truck away from him and then half hugged, half tackled him...for no apparent reason. Then she sat on him like this for like 5 minutes and then started laughing. It was so funny! She was so calm during this whole process. Oh she is so adorable!
Poor Bear. This weekend was full of firsts for him. This was his first 4th of July. I don't think he was very into all the loud noises. Every year Daren's side of the family has a "Pop-Its" fight. Well this year Daren and I weren't thinking ahead and both wore nice shirts that we didn't want to get ruined so we went inside during the fight. A few minutes after being inside we decided we should probably go get Bear. Well I went out back to find him and I couldn't see him. Kind of freaked out. Panic mode set in. Someone told Daren that Bear was missing and he went running down the street thinking he ran away. Turns out he was hiding under Daren's mom's chair. I went over and picked him up and he hung on to me for dear life walking back inside. Then when we started the illegal fireworks he just hid under Daren's chair. Every now and again he would pop his head out to see what was going on. (That's what his picture is of.) During the big fireworks he just laid on my lap. He was actually quite calm during those ones.
The next day, the actual holiday, we got to sleep in a little. YAY! We love sleeping in! That morning we went and saw HANCOCK with James and Susi. SO hilarious! We loved it! The rest of the day was spent relaxing. We got the boat up and running! DOUBLE YAY! That night Daren and I watched Drillbit Taylor, also hilarious!
Saturday we got up earlier than I wanted to..but it was for a good cause! We were going boating! We got everything ready and headed out to Hyrum Dam with James, Susi, and Brandon...and the 2 dogs! I was so nervous about Bear getting in the water. I didn't want him to drown. We got out on the lake and I could tell Bear was a little skeptical. He laid in my lap, sometimes he would put his head up on the edge of the boat. The first time he got in, he slipped off the back and fell in. It was funny but kind of sad. He swam right to Daren and held on. I don't think he liked it...He got back in and would not leave my side.
He might have gotten sea sick...or it could have been part of the donut I fed him that morning but he threw up twice. Sick. The first time Susi picked it up with her hands and threw it in the lake. She's the woman. Don't worry we had soap for her to wash her hands off with. The second time I got start and hung his head over the edge. That was in the first 20 minutes or so and he was fine after that. He got back in the water a little bit later and I think he was a little bit better. He willingly got in that time...kind of. You could tell he wanted to come to us in the water but just wasn't sure about it. He eventually just took the plunge.
ANYWAYS! The day was so fun! I love being on the boat! It's so relaxing and it wasn't busy at all which is always a plus! Of course Susi and I got WAY sunburned! Stupid tanning oil! Daren has been taking care of me since then. He's such a great husband!
Saturday night we went to the Cruise-In parade. There were a lot of cool cars in it but then there were some that were lame! Like normal cars. It's a CLASSIC car show people! My lovely parents came up and watched the parade with us and then the 4 of us went to dinner at Cafe Sabor. Yummy! It's always good to see my parents. Thanks for the visit parentals!
All in all it was a very fun weekend. I just hope Bear doesn't resent us later in his life for making him try scary things. So far it seems he still loves us!
By the who! We're private now! I think...pretty sure of it!
7.06.2008
4th of July weekend!
Posted by Ash at 3:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Fourth of July is my fave too! LOVE IT. Congrats on the domestication. It is a constant effort.
jealous. i want to go boating.
that's so cute of your puppy that he was scared of the fireworks and the water. he's the cutest thing-!
Post a Comment