Girls camp...I have been home a week and I think I am recovered. HA!
This year we went up to Heber Valley. That means...CABINS! I kept hearing it was the best place to have girls camp. And I tell you...It was pretty dang awesome! It's absolutely beautiful up there! The entire mountain has been dedicated, just like a temple, specifically for young women and girls camp. There are some very special things up here. One of them being the animals! They just stroll through your campsite and don't have a care or fear in the world! It's amazing!
Anywho...Our theme this year was "AIM HIGHER". We had a great time! Lots of fun activities and crafts and yummy food! And hilarious skits! We have such a great group of girls! And we have great leaders. I was also lucky to have Daren up there with me for half of it! He was a huge help and actually enjoyed himself...to his surprise. HA!
Lots of pictures!! In no particular order...
We shared a camp site with a ward from West Valley. Their YW President was a HOOT! She was a tiny and feisty little woman. Her daughter just went into the MTC and is going to the same mission that Daren went to. When she found out, she came running over and attacked Daren with a big bear hug! It was hilarious. He was a good sport about having his bubble invaded.
We also did a service projects. We split wood and filled other camp sites wood boxes. Pretty easy...at least for me. Daren did a lot of actually. Bless his heart! We were kind of at the end of the day and I think they were struggling to find things for us to do. We had a good time though!
We also did a challenge course! I think this was the girls favorite! They did 6 low courses, which were more team/problem solving and had a spiritual side to them. Then the last one was the ZIP LINE! All the girls did and rocked it! It was so awesome to watch!
This year girls camp was a little different for me. It was just a different feeling. I still haven't quite figured out my place yet as president. As in, I don't really know where to take charge and when to step in when things get dramatic. I am sure it will come with time. But I do know that I am grateful to be able to work with some amazing women. I know without a doubt they have my back, and I have their back.
Now it's family month...which means...I have the month off! Well mostly...still have my meetings but no Tuesday activities. $5 movie nights here I come!




0 comments:
Post a Comment