7.10.2016

4th o' july

Oh boy do I love a good 4th of July weekend! Ones that are filled with sun, pools, diet cokes, and family! And that is exactly what our 4th of July weekend consisted of! Logan doesn't do their fireworks on the actual 4th, which is kind of awesome because then I get to watch fireworks ALL weekend long! Be prepared for lots of pictures!

Ever since James and Susi moved, we have been trying to find our new normal for the Logan fireworks...this year they were on the 1st. Anywho, I think this year we found it! We went down to Bridgerland and set up came on their lawn. It was awesome. Lots of space for the kids to run and around and not completely embarrass us, shady, not a ton of people, a great view of the fireworks...def not a close one but still good enough for me! I think we will return next year!

Also, I am basically obsessed with the children! Don't you just want to squish those little cheeks on Beckett?!











Saturday was the PERFECT day! It consisted of pedicures, pools, parents, and diet coke. Susi and I went and got a much needed pedicure Saturday morning and then headed to the pool to meet the rest of family. After swimming for a few hours, Daren and I left to meet up with my parents who came in town for the car show parade. We had dinner and then headed over to the parade. It was a pretty good parade this year too! Not too many advertisements or ghetto cars.










Monday was the actual 4th. It started with the Hyrum parade. We had a great spot for the parade. Not too many people around us and it was mostly shaded. Boom!






















After the parade, we just hung out at home until it was time for our party! We threw a weenie roast party and played water balloon volleyball (which was a hit!) and then we walked over to the park and watched the fireworks! It was a fun night!! I really love our backyard for parties! It's big and by the time 5:00 rolls around, it is pretty much all shaded!



























T'was a great holiday! I feel very blessed to live in a free country! The only sad part of the weekend was I didn't get one single family picture of us! Not even a picture of me and Daren! It's a shame I tell you!! Oh well...Maybe I will recreate one later...or on the 24th!

0 comments: