We had a DELICIOUS Thanksgiving this year! This year was our year with the Tibbitts clan and it did not disappoint!
I do believe that is the perfect Thanksgiving plate...
My lover would be mad if I didn't mention this...thing...he made for Thanksgiving.
Please meet....Bacon Explosion...
He saw this on YouTube and just HAD to try it.
Essentially what it is, is sausage stuffed with bacon and then ROLLED in bacon, with BBQ sauce. I hear it was tasty. I think it looks nasty.
My 2 sister-in-laws, my brother-in-law and I started shopping at 11:30pm on Thanksgiving. It was WILD! Please note, we LITERALLY spent 5 hours Thanksgiving night figuring out what we were buying and mapping out our plan...there were even spreadsheets involved! This is a true story people...and they weren't even mine!! HA!!
We started at Walmart, then to Kohl's, and then to Kmart. We got home around 6:30 in the morning. Only to continue shopping at Novemberfest 5 hours later. Some call us crazy...I call us awesome!
See that Bissell vacuum on top?
Yeah that is for my 2 year nephew and he is going be SO excited for it! He is a total neat freak and LOVES to vacuum. Oh I love him!
That's right, we had 2 shopping carts.
SO many people.
I had never been to Walmart on Black Friday and it was CRAZY! All the other stores seemed so calm compared to Walmart. I LOVED it!
This was Round 2.
We had already dropped the Walmart loot over several hours before this happened. I would say we were very successful!
Okay so I have a few Black Friday stories...mainly so I can tell my grandchildren about them in years to come...
So we were at Walmart and I was trying to get these Zhu Zhu pets, don't ask me what they are, but that was my toy assignment. Anywho, when the workers said we could start shopping I crouched down and made my way to the front of the pile. There was a lady there bending over trying to pick stuff up so I momentarily used her as my balancing beam to grab what I wanted! I'm pretty sure she thought I was trying to kill her but alas I was not. Success! I soon had my hands full and there was a lady stuck in the crowd with a shopping cart so I asked her if I could throw my stuff in there and come back. Luckily, she said yes and DOUBLE luckily she didn't steal my crap.
Another Walmart story...we saw Daren's aunt Connie there and she was telling us about how her grandson, who is I think 10, was at the bottom of this same Zhu Zhu pet pile and she started to panic thinking he was going to die in there. So she started yelling his name and he didn't answer. So she started making her way to the front to try and find him. Well there was this lady who kept moving her cart so Connie couldn't get to the front and finally Connie picked up her cart and THREW it and yelled "MY GRANDSON IS THAT PILE, LET ME THROUGH!!" Oh man it was awesome! Don't worry the child was fine and as happy as a lark!
And my last story happened at Kohl's. One of the most ANNOYING things EVER is when you wait in line in the freezing cold for an hour and then when the doors open people jump out of their warm cars and butt in line. SO ANNOYING! Well this girl jumped in line right in front of us and my sister-in-law, Angie, who I might had is awesome and a total fighter when it comes to Black Friday, yelled "GET IN THE BACK OF THE LINE". Of course the girl acted like she didn't hear so Angie stepped in front of her, threw her elbow back, and said "GET IN THE BACK OF THE LINE!" Oh man I was laughing so hard!! GOOD TIMES!
We seriously had SO much fun!! Usually we split up so all of us can't be together for all the shopping but this year it worked out that we could and I am SO happy we did!
Moving on...
Saturday we went up to the forest to cut our Christmas tree down. It was FREEZING and so crowded up there! It took us a million hours to find somewhere to even park. BUT! We had a good time!! The kids got to go sledding on some nearby hills, we roasted hot dogs, and had hot chocolate. I tell you what, it isn't a Tibbitts outing without 3 propane tanks and half the kitchen! Oh how I love my father-in-law!
LOVE THIS PICTURE!
Bear wanted this tree...did I mention he had bad taste in trees?
We found ours!!
BAHAHA! This picture makes me laugh every time I see it!
All done!
On snap! I forgot to tell you guys we got a new camera!! Doesn't it seem like we get a new camera every day?! I promise this one will be the last one we buy for a LONG time! It is SOO awesome! I love it so much!! I can't believe how awesome the quality of picture is! Our other camera is awesome too but this one totally takes the cake!
Wow this post is LOONNGG! Hope you enjoyed it!
Coming up next?! Our Christmas tree and house all decorated!! WOOT!



0 comments:
Post a Comment