12.26.2009

merry christmas!

MERRY CHRISTMAS MY LITTLE LOVE BUGS!

Daren and I have had a MOST EXCELLENT Christmas this year! And guess what?! It's not even over yet! WOOT!

Christmas Eve we made some creamy potato soup and garlic butter rolls and watched Christmas movies all night, just the 2 of us....and the puppy! It was so wonderful.

Christmas morning we woke up, made some VERY delicious orange rolls, opened up our gifts from each other, and then headed over to Daren's parents house. We hung out there for a couple hours and Daren got to talk to Tom as well.


 
I LOVE our little tree. I call this our "Christmas corner. "

 
Check out that bone! Bear was so excited to get it, he could barely contain himself.

 

 

 

 


Isn't this the cutest picture? We couldn't keep Bear's attention long enough to look at the camera. He just wanted his bone.

 



 
Who cares what Santa brought me?! I want to eat the instructions! OH boy I love him!


We headed down to my parents house and arrived around 2. We opened presents, went to see Alvin and the Chipmunks, ate WAY too much, like seriously... WAY too much food. Daren made homemade pizzas and we also had stuff for fajitas too. SO YUMMY! After dinner we watched Julie and Julia.

Before
P.S. Isn't my mom's tree pretty? I like it.

 
After

 
I've been wanting this picture for like a million years and I finally got it! My mom even got it personalized for us! She started crying before she even gave it to us because she knew I would cry...and I did...mainly because she was crying though. All the men just laughed at us.

 
My dad decided to test out his new camping gear...in the kitchen. It was REALLY entertaining!

 

 

 
I think it's safe to say he likes it! He looks so happy!


Saturday morning we went to the Hanley Christmas party at my parents clubhouse...very convenient by the way. We ate some delicious breakfast and chatted with the fam.


 
My cute family in front of the clubhouse Christmas tree. Sorry about your eyes Shane...it was the best one I had

When we got back to Logan, James and Susi brought our puppy over to us for a sweet reunion. Daren and James put together my NEW DRESSER!! I had my old dresser for more than 15 years! So I'd say it was about time for a new one! Thanks lover! After putting together the dresser we went to the Tibbitts Christmas party next door to us....also very convenient. We enjoyed some more delicious food, played a white elephant game, and opened presents.

Before

 
During....and the puppy

 

 
The final product! I LOVE it! It's bigger and has more space than my last one! Which means I can shove more clothes into this one! Time to go shopping!

 
 

Check out those awesome sunglasses I got! Daren's uncle, so graciously, let me have them! And yes, I do plan on wearing them in public.



 
Holy crap, she's cute!

 
So much chocolate...that neither one of them probably needs!


Basically all we've done this weekend is eat. It sure has been fun!

Both mine and Daren's family are so great! We truly have been blessed in the family department!

This next week is going to be super fun!! Dinner with my best girlies (I can't believe I just used that term...sick), Shannon's birthday, TOM'S COMING HOME, Christmas with the Tibbitts (Yes it is true, we still have one more Christmas to go!), New Years.....OH SNAP I'M EXCITED!

Stay tuned my little bumble bees....

2 comments:

Heather said...

I love stalking you when you are on vacation! I am sure that you are missing your job a ton!!!

Cher said...

I love you like a fat kid loves some chocolate cake!