HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!
Daren and I have had a GREAT Thanksgiving weekend!
On Thanksgiving we traveled down to Kaysville to my aunt's for dinner. My aunt's house is SO cute, it has so much charm! It was just my family, my aunt's family, my grandma, and then Jace's boyfriend, Pete. HA! We all crammed into her dining room and ate. It was perfect! Pete said it best, "If you have enough room at the dinner table on Thanksgiving then there aren't enough people." I totally agree. The food and the company were excellent!
After dinner and chatting for a while we headed back up to Logan. We went over to Daren's parents house and I began my quest for the best deals in the valley for Black Friday.
Friday morning Susi and I got up at 3:30 and headed to Kohl's. It was INSANE! I loved it. It took us about 30 minutes to get all of our stuff and then we waited in line for 1.5 hours to check out. I actually ran over to Shopko while Susi held down the fort. P.S. Shopko was NOT worth my time. Anywho! Susi and I saved over $350 at Kohl's! I couldn't believe it! We hit a few more stores and the mall and then decided to stop around 10am. I would like to add that I only bought ONE thing for just myself....compared to last year when I bought more for myself than other people. I did but a few things for both, me and Daren, though. I'm getting better.
Later that day we went over to Novemberfest with Daren's mom and sister. It's a tradition we have. I love Novemberfest. I never bring enough cash though...Poor Daren had to work all day. He was not a happy camper! Plus, we had a pretty good yelling match with Best Buy that night which didn't help. :( And he found out Tom doesn't fly home from his mission until 11:53 at NIGHT! Hubby had a rough day on Friday.
Saturday morning Lacey took family pictures for us. I saw a few before we were done and they are SO CUTE! I can't wait to see all of them!
Saturday afternoon we went up to the forest and chopped down our Christmas tree! It was SO fun! And the weather was beautiful which made it even better! Daren found us a perfect tree that once again, spoke to him when he saw it!
Daren and I are SO excited for the upcoming holiday season! We have lots of fun things already planned! We are so blessed with wonderful families and great friends! We have so much to be grateful for!



4 comments:
We had a great weekend. My wife is just the best! She has so much life in her and it helps me enjoy things all the more. I love you Baby!
You are such a cute decorator!! I love the Christmas decor!!
Yay for BF and scoring great deals! Just be glad you don't have to go to Toys R Us yet. I have NEVER seen so many people in line in all my BF shopping days! It was INSANE! I went to Shopko too - were you going for 'The Office'? Can't beat $9.99. We were one of the first in line there so we were in and out with our loot in under 10 minutes. Woot! We need to live closer so we can be shopping buddies!
I love the Christmas tree!
Post a Comment