11.01.2009

pumpkins and apples

Daren and I haven't really been in the "Halloween Spirit" this year. I mean, we decorated our house and that's about it. If I didn't have a niece and 2 nephews, I probably wouldn't have even bought a bag a candy.

But I couldn't let Halloween go by without carving pumpkins and making caramel apples, so that is what we did.

The first year Daren and I were dating we carved pumpkins...I got one and he got one. Daren ended up carving his pumpkin and half of mine because I got bored. Since then I am only allowed to buy one pumpkin for our household. This year Daren took all the guts out and I carved it. I must say, I kept it VERY simple. It worked out great for my attention span!






Our pumpkin was big so I tried to put my head in it...it didn't work very well. But it sure was funny!

Our finished product!

On the porch




After carving pumpkins Lacey, Susi, and I made caramel apples. They turned out pretty special though...we tried to put sprinkles on them but we just weren't fast enough. They were delicious to my taste buds though!


YUMMY!





P.S. Our road show video is DONE! WOOT!

3 comments:

Jody and Lacey said...

That pic of me is creeptastic! It sure was fun to hang out though! And the apples... are you still finding little carmely nuggets of delisiousness in your teeth? ha ha

Megan said...

Taste is all that matters. Mmmm caramel apple sounds pretty good right now and yes, it is 10AM. When I saw the picture of you trying to put the pumpkin on your head all I could think about was Joey on 'Friends' sticking his head in the turkey. Good times.

Kourtney and Nathan said...

I'm glad you at least did the pumpkins- you used to beg me every year to carve pumpkins, remember??? Looks good!