1.03.2009

Happy Birthday Puppy!

Yesterday was Bear's birthday...well we don't really know for sure but we figured he was born at the beginning of the year so we picked January 2nd as his birthday!

Bear and I spent the day getting the house ready for his party. We cleaned up a little and took down the tree, which was a CHORE! It was actually really fun. Daren told me he would do it when he got home from work but I got impatient and did it. I'm glad I did because it took WAY LONGER than I thought it would! Our house is finally put back together and I like it, but it does look a little bare. OH WELL!

Later than night we had some family come out to celebrate. I think Bear knew something was going on and he was starting to get excited. We had cake and then he "opened" some presents. Since Bear got so much stuff for Christmas Daren and I only gave him half of our stuff SO we just gave him the rest for his birthday. Pretty convenient if you ask me...plus he doesn't know the difference. I also made him a cake...yes a real human cake. I only made an 8" cake but he DOWNED IT! Seriously! In like 2 minutes, for reals. I didn't really except anything less from our dog though! I think if we were to let him eat ALL day then he would.

He was pretty tired by the end of night...but he was happy!

I can't believe he is already a year old! My baby is growing up so fast! I know it may seem like he is a big pain, but I really do love him so much! He brings SO much joy and happiness into mine and Daren's life. It just breaks my heart to think that if we didn't let him into our home then he wouldn't even be on earth today. He's such a good dog and SO friendly. He thinks that everyone that comes over to our house is there to see him and all he wants to do is play. Plus, he's really smart. He's so in tune with Daren and I. It's amazing to watch his behavior when we are sad or fighting. He's knows when something is wrong and comforts us in different ways. I know it may sound crazy but it is true. I just love my little puppy!

Sitting in front of some of his presents, including his HUGE bed. I actually bought that bed the day after Thanksgiving for SUPER cheap. It's just been sitting up in Anne Frank's room since then. Also this picture turned out amazing! I told him to sit in front of his presents and look at me and HE DID! That NEVER happens!


He kept getting toy after off of the chair because he wanted to play with it. After about 3 times of him getting it down and us putting it back, we just let him have it. It was an "early" birthday present to him.


Playing with dad before the party started


Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and puppy cookies for the '1'


Singing Happy Birthday to him. He was REALLY excited to eat the cake.





Ready...set...GO! He LOVED it! I was kind of worried he wouldn't like carrot cake but then I thought, "WAIT! It's Bear! He'll eat ANYTHING!"


Baby K loved it too!


Playing with his new toy on his new bed! I think he really likes it too. But that doesn't mean he'll actually on it. Why sleep on that when you can sleep in mom and dad's bed?!


He was so tired by the end of the night. He had a big day!


I left all the decorations up because Daren's birthday is on TUESDAY! And I am SO excited! I love birthdays!

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

I need a dog!

Anonymous said...

I love our puppy. And I love his mommy. She does so much for us and takes care of us. She is amazing! Love you Babe!

D