One of my goals for 2009 is to "perfect the art of bread making." Why you may ask? Well, why not? Homemade bread is delicious.
Saturday I began my journey to accomplishing this goal. I found a recipe, which came highly recommended by fellow online viewers. It didn't look too hard to make and it didn't have a lot of ingredients. When I see a recipe that has a lot of ingredients I tend to be turned off. Anyways, that is besides the point.
My first experience was somewhat successful. It had good flavor. I should have cooked it a little bit longer because the middle was still a little doughy. I also had a few issues with the dough raising. Basically it didn't raise. But alas I continued along with the process of cooking it.
I feel very good about this goal. Hopefully by the end of the year I will BE a bread making machine! Speaking of bread making machines...I don't want one. I feel like it would be the easy way out and that is lame. No offense to those who have one though...
I'm excited to try it again! I'm going to continue to use the same recipe. If you guys have any good tips when let me know!Funny story. I made the bread and put it on the counter. Susi came to pick me up for some quality time while the boys were snowmobiling. I cut a slice for each of us and then covered them up. I had 2 loaves when we left. Well the boys came home and had a slice a few hours later. Susi and I arrived back at our house a few hours after the boys got there. I went into the kitchen and noticed there was only one loaf. I asked Daren if they ate the other loaf, to which he replied, "There was only one loaf when we got here." What the?! I looked at Bear and he immediately went into his "please have mercy on me" pose. He ate an ENTIRE loaf of bread while we were gone! I even pushed it back on the counter so he couldn't get to it. I'm thinking about changing his name to Piggy. Or Oinky.
1.18.2009
Bread
Posted by Ash at 11:59 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Ha Ha, Ashlee i Love making homemade bread. I kinda use a bread maker, but i just use it to mix the ingredients then i knead the rest by hand and let it raise and cook it. If you want my recipe let me know, it's a tried and true recipe and owrks like 90% of the time! LOL One tip i have is to make sure your water is hot enough to react witht eh yeast and sugar but not too hot to kill the bacteria in the yeast.
I love my wife. And our dog. The bread was good. I love how my wife explained the 'Please have mercy on me' pose. He does it so well.
D
That's great. I am still trying to perfect the bread making skills. Yours looks really tasty.
Your bread looks amazing! Remember the time I cooked you sponge bob macaroni?! I just thought of that. I am excited to dinner with all the roomies on the 5th! Can't wait to see you!
Where do you keep getting all of your cute backgrounds? Love them!
Post a Comment