10.16.2008

picnics and puppies

Since I have had most of the week off I decided to pack a picnic for Daren, myself, and the puppy. Bear and I got everything ready, we went and picked up Daren at work, and then headed over to this church that has a HUGE lawn area. It was such a beautiful day and it was so nice to spend it with my hubby and puppy. We had lunch and then Daren and Bear played on the lawn with some new toys. Bear was running around like a crazy person the entire time. It was so cute! He was so happy!



I was excited to finally use my picnic basket!





I love this picture!

That WAS my coke!

After lunch we went over to Petsmart and bought Bear a few frisbee's (Daren wants to teach him how to catch them) and these collapsible travel bowl things for food and water (We realized at the park that we didn't have any water for Bear and he was probably pretty thirsty.)

On the way back home Bear fell asleep in the car for a few minutes. It was really cute. I wish I would have taken a picture.

Last night we went over to the Anniversary Inn's Grand Opening event. They have 9 new suites and they were SO AWESOME! I've never been in any of the rooms, I've only seen pictures and it does NOT do it justice. I was so impressed! After going through the rooms we waited in line for 15 minutes for a free hot dog and coke. Daren didn't want to wait but they smelled SO good and food ALWAYS tastes better when it's FREE! I was right, they were SO good. Plus, we saw Daren's aunt and uncle and got to chat with them for a few minutes.

This is the bed in the "Drive In" room. It's in the back of a REAL truck! It was SO cool! There was a HUGE movie screen in front of it...or would you say it was behind? It doesn't matter! It was definitely one of my favs, along with the African Safari one! I was listening to some guy behind us in the hot dog line talk about how they got the truck in there. He said they put it in before they even built the walls for it! SWEET!

Lately Daren has been teaching Bear how to retrieve things. He has this toy thing that is used for the training. I think eventually Daren wants him to retrieve dead animals...even though he doesn't hunt...ANYWAYS! Bear is SO GOOD at it! He really is a smart dog...most of the time. We decided that he IS BOOK SMART but NOT STREET SMART.





The other night he was practicing this memory exercise where he would take Bear and the toy to some place and put the toy down and then walk back to where they started and then Bear would have to go find it..you know, to see if he can remember where it was. He got it every time! I was so proud!

We really love our dog...like a lot! It's probably illegal to love an animal as much as we do!

P.S. I'm REALLY excited for The Office tonight! WOOT!

1 comments:

Shannon said...

Cute picnic basket! I want it.