12.14.2007

Thoughts for Friday

I've had a few thoughts today and I would like to share them.

First. A few months ago...well I guess it's been a year now. A year ago I was looking to get a new phone, as I do every year at this time. As I walked into the local T-Mobile store in Logan I saw the most beautiful phone of all. A pink razor with flowers on it. It was so cute I just had to have it. Before I officially purchased it I had several people tell me not to get it. Reasons ranging from the text messaging is really slow to the whole phone sucks to its not durable and you'll probably break it within the first week. Those who know me also know that I am very hard on my phones, not intentionally, it just happens. That is the most common reason I get a new phone every year, because I break them.

I am proud to report that one year later my cute pink razor phone is still working and in one piece. The outside is a little sad but all screens are clear from cracks or scratches. The reason I had this thought today was because this morning as I was leaving to go to work I dropped my phone getting into my car. It fell onto cement. The back of my phone went flying off. I thought to myself, "Oh dear, today is the end of the life of my phone." I went to pick it up, preparing for the worst, of course. I picked up the pieces and put it back together and sure enough, GOOD AS NEW! Now this hasn't been the first time I have dropped it. Today was just another confirmation that my phone is great and I still love it. One may ask, "But it's been a year, will she get a new one anyways?" The answer is no, not yet. I won't be getting a new one for a few more months when I switch over to Daren's plan.

My next thought. The past few days my roommates have come more and said the words that every student longs to say, "I'm done with finals!" They are so happy and I can sense a sign of relief when they say it. Today I got thinking, I miss saying that. It was such a natural high to know you were officially done with school for a few weeks or even a few months. Is it sad that I'm slightly jealous they had to take finals and and then have that amazing feeling of being done? Then I thought, maybe I should go back to school. But then I thought a little bit more and asked myself, "Is it really worth it?" The answer still remains unknown. I do know, however, that I've lost that lovin' feeling.

0 comments: