12.02.2007

Hail the Utah Aggies!

Over the past few months I've come to realize the difference between being an alumni vs a student. You wouldn't think it would be that big of difference since I just graduated in May but it's like a completely different world when you are an alumni. This semester I have been to a football game, a hockey game, and a basketball game. At all three games my world has been turned upside down it seems like. Everything is different. It is so weird to not sit in the student section. Seriously, it is like a whole new game when you are sitting in the student sections. I tried yelling and singing all the songs like I was still a student but everyone just looked at me. I wouldn't even call those people fans. How can you go to a basketball game and not sing the fight song?! Even the teams are full of new players. My roommates and I used to be hockey addicts! We used to know every player and even hang out with them but now I don't know anyone on the team! Well except for Scotty John. Colt Pride!

BUT!

There are some things that will never change. For example, the football team will always lose. No matter what seat you are sitting in. I will always get chills when I hear the national anthem being sung at a hockey game, sometimes those chills aren't always good. Our fans will always and forever torment every team that comes to the Spectrum to play a game of good old fashion basketball. And! There is no way to describe the feeling you have when see and hear fellow Aggie's singing the Scotsman. Seeing a crowd of swaying hands is indescribable, it almost brings tears to my eyes.

Go Aggie's!

0 comments: