3.10.2017

baby showers and surgeries

Guys...things have been SO crazy around here! Like the last month or so has been so busy!

We have had baby showers, surgeries, doctor's visits, and regular life!

So far I have had 3 baby showers...and have 3 more to go! It's crazy! We have seriously been so blessed! This baby is SO spoiled!

The first one my cute mama, a.k.a. Grandma Jo Jo, threw for me! It was down in Salt Lake. We had family, old ward members, new ward members, friends from work...some people I didn't even know but my mom did...I couldn't believe the support! It was so cute! My mom went way above and beyond...which is very typical of my mom! Love her so much!



















Later that night my cutest besties threw a small dinner shower for me. It was darling as well! We have some seriously great people in our lives! The details of the evening were so perfect! And that cake! YUMMO!










Daren and I went to IKEA in between showers...my feet were so swollen by the end of the night!
Wearing little kid shoes with no support are not a good idea when walking through IKEA.

This is what our truck looked like on the way home that weekend...I was worried it wouldn't all fit!


The 3rd shower was thrown by my Logan besties. Daren's family, my friends, old and new co-workers all came and again I was blown away by the support! People have been so generous!! I just makes me have so many feel goods in my heart! Auntie Jenn sent me a blanket and I had quite the emotional moment when I opened it. I'm not sure why...I suppose I just miss her a whole lot and it came as a surprise to me!

















After coming home and unloading everything, our office looks like Babies R Us! It's been so fun...and overwhelming...to go through! We didn't have any furniture in the baby's room to store anything so I just had to make piles in the office. Slowly but surely, we are getting furniture in there though! It's coming along!



In other events...Daren has had 2 surgeries in the past 3 weeks! The Sunday before Valentine's Day he had a crazy intense pain in his back area...so bad that we took him to the ER that night. Turns out it was KIDNEY STONES! Yuck! They gave him some meds to help pass them and sent us home. The next day we both stayed home and he was doing okay until Monday afternoon when the pain got worse. So we took him back up to the ER and he ended up having emergency surgery that night. The doctor was hopeful that he could go in and get the stones out that night but his kidney was too infected so they just put a stent in. He had the stent in for about a week and then had another surgery to remove the stones. The second surgery went so great! Stones came out beautifully and he has been recovering great! He did get a wicked sinus infection right after that though. He had a rough couple weeks but I think he is on the up and up now! It was so terrible to watch him go through all that pain and not being able to anything to help him! Between the 2 of us, we have been at the doctor's office A LOT lately!


Also...it keeps snowing...like SO much! It won't stop...ever...just when you think MAYBE spring is here...MORE SNOW! Blah. I am convinced there will be snow in July!


We also celebrated Adi's birthday just a little bit early. Needless to say, she LOVES the "playground with sand and trucks" that we got her! She was SO excited to play with it! Love that little girl!

I think that's all for now! I will leave you with a picture of my cute fur baby! Just about 3 more weeks until he isn't an only child!

0 comments: