12.28.2015

christmas

Merry Christmas to all!! Well a few days ago...

Our Christmas was just delightful this year. It was probably the most stress free Christmas we have had! I'm not sure why but it was and it was awesome. I really tried to not get too worked up over lists and all the hoopla. I really wanted to focus on the holiday season and relaxing and doing fun things. I did all of my shopping online...I take that back, we made one run to Walmart and that was it! I didn't do neighbor gifts and I didn't do any homemade gifts either. I am kind of sounding like a scrooge but it really did make the holiday so much enjoyable. We were able to spend time together instead of running around like crazy people.

Moving on to the festivities!

We went down to Salt Lake Wednesday night after work. We began the party with some Brigham root beer. Can you see the resemblance?




 Thursday was Christmas Eve. We had some breakfast and then headed up to Primary Children's hospital. We served lunch for the families who had children staying at the hospital. It was amazing to hear what kind of services they offer families up there. All of the parents were very kind and grateful. I am really grateful we had the opportunity to go up there.







After lunch, we headed to City Creek for a little bit of shopping, some dinner, and the Christmas lights. We also saw the candy windows, which are my fav! Although, it's very difficult to take pictures of them when it's light outside! 

We were down there right as the lights turned out and it was just lovely. The crowds were bearable. I'm glad we were there when we were...I think any later it would have been crazy.












We capped off the night with some treats, a visit to see Grandpa Hansen, and then we all shared a coke together! With a cheers of course!


Then it was CHRISTMAS! And Santa came!!

It sure is nice to all be adults so we can sleep in! We got up when we wanted, ate breakfast, and opened presents! We were opening presents at noon...while I am sure most Christmas's were already over with in some households! I wish I had taken pictures of people opening presents! Especially my dad's gift. You would have thought we gave him a million dollars...what did we give him? A blow dryer for his office...If you know my dad, you know the understanding of a blow dryer!






 After presents we got ready for the day and headed home. When we got home, Daren and I opened our gifts to each other and then headed out to James and Susi's for The Tibbitts Christmas festivities! I wish I had taken a picture of our tree with all the presents under it!
 







Guys...I wish I could convey the amount of chaos we enduring Christmas night...It was intense. And so wonderful. Wrapping paper flying everywhere, squeals and laughter, dogs hiding under and around people because they are scared. I feel like Daren and I have the best of both worlds when it comes to Christmas. My side is somewhat calm and somewhat quiet...all adults enjoying each other's company. And Daren's side is...MADNESS! We love both of our families so much!!

We had dinner with the family and then headed downstairs for presents!


 All Adi wanted for Christmas was more make up. I heard her ask 3 different Santa's for it! 3! It was no fluke. This girl knew what she wanted and got it! She gave Kaitlyn a make over...there is a learning curve that she hasn't quite got yet! HA!




















Jacob laid down right in the middle of the chaos. HA! What a kid! Clearly he was very tired...



We got home late that night and let Bear open his stocking. Beef jerky, big raw hide bone, and some more treats! I love this picture of him on the couch. He's like...please mom, don't take my picture! HA! Not amused!




We celebrated the rest of weekend with movies (The new Star Wars movie..again), board games, food, family, some after Christmas shopping, naps...it was wonderful!

We ended the weekend with an ultimate nerf gun war between Daren and his brothers...and what ever kids were brave enough to join! It was some good laughter! We absolutely love having Tom around! It just completes the threesome of the brothers! It was seriously so funny to watch these grown men act like they were 12 again. They were all laughing so hard! Daren gave Tom 2 black eyes with the darts so James got him so goggles to wear!








Adi wanted to help Daren win so he would point the gun and she would shoot. He was covering her eyes so she wouldn't get hit the face with them!




I know I have said it before, but we really are so blessed with amazing families!

We had a great holiday season and can't wait to celebrate the new year this week!

0 comments: