12.20.2015

christmas shenanagins

It's Christmas time! Christmas is this week! We are ready! This year has been a lot less stressful for me. I never really got into a super crazy list making mode. My brain is still on vacation in California! HA! But I guess it's been good because I have been able to enjoy the holiday season a little bit more. Usually we so much going on that we never really get to do fun things so this year I have been trying really hard to cram stuff in when we have a free moment. We have finally been able to sit down and watch Christmas movies and enjoy our home during the holidays.

We have been attending several Christmas parties. The first one was Cheri and Adam's annual party. This year I went solo. Daren went to his family Christmas party (We usually miss it). I missed him a ton and it just wasn't the same but it was still super fun! Every year we do a Sub for Santa type deal at this party. I am always so amazed at the generosity of my friends. It makes me so much more grateful they are in my life. They are all such great examples to us!








A few weeks ago, we had 3 Christmas parties in 3 days...so we took 3 selfies! One of the parties we went to was Daren's work party...check out that piece of prime rib Daren got served with! Meat sweats!





Last weekend we went down to SLC for a fun family filled day! We had dinner at Gardner Village and to see Eclipse in Concert.



 My parents were so happy to have Shane sitting in between them! Shane...probably not as excited!








After the concert, we went out to Kearns with my parents to see the Christmas in Color. It's this light set up that you drive through. There are almost 1,000,000 lights! It was amaze! Pictures just don't do it justice! I love this first picture of my mom...you can see how excited she is! HA! She's the best!










We also went to a live nativity in Nibley. It's a family that puts it on with the help of volunteers. It's small and simple and just wonderful They put on a very simply live nativity in a barn...I would imagine the birth of our Savior was in somewhat similar settings. They also have a little hayride, hot chocolate, and a few animals you can pet. It's one of our favorite things to do!











Yesterday we went up to Hardware Ranch to see the elk. The elk always come down for the winter and eat. There were about 400 elk up there yesterday. We took a sleigh ride right out to the middle of them. It was beautiful weather! We had a great time!
















That's all folks! MERRY CHRISTMAS this week!

0 comments: