2.23.2015

valentine's day

Hello all! It's Monday. And I'm home. My sweet hubby is sick and requested I stay home with him today. I can't say no to him so here I am! He is doing much better than he has been. I finally talked him into going to the Instacare last night. He has bronchitis, a wicked ear infection, and some type of eye infection. He seems to be a bit more spry now that he is on some antibiotics! Thank heavens. It's so sad to watch him suffer.

We just celebrated Valentine's Day! Well I guess that was last weekend...We are pretty low key people when it comes to Valentine's. We got some Costa Vida...yummo!! And then went over to Annie and Harley's to roast mallos. It was a great evening!

Daren bought me these beautiful flowers. This picture was actually taken today...a week old and still looking pretty!



We also got a cute little Valentine's treat/surprise from my mom a few days earlier. She came up to get some mason jars from me and when we got home from work, this was on our table! I love her!




So...a few months ago I was asked to help decorate for a Stake Valentine's dance...I thought, "Sure! I can decorate a few tables...no big deal." HA! Oh boy! Was I wrong!! Turns out this Valentine's dance is a BIG deal. It's a 2 year commitment, first of all. I had to commit to help this and NEXT year, We are talking 500 people...I first I was told I would have to decorate 56 tables. 56 PEOPLE!! I was unaware that many could fit in a gym. And that was only part of my responsibility. I was quite overwhelmed to say the least.

The dance was the weekend before Valentine's Day and I am glad it's over! It turned out SO GOOD!!! I am seriously pleased as punch! And I had the BEST committee ever working with me!! We have some amazing ladies in our ward. So blessed!

So...we were in charge of the tables...which ended up being 64, They had to add 8 more due to the amount of people that signed up. We were also in charge of a photo opp...think like a high school dance where there is a background to take a cute picture. Luckily for me, most of that was planned. I just had to find a photographer and figure out a few more things for it. The photo opp was a HUGE hit! It made my heart happy!

So what happens is..they have a dinner, then entertainment...this year it was a Barbershop Quartet (wasn't my fav but everyone else seemed to enjoy it), then EVERYONE takes down all the tables and chairs. It seriously took like 10 minutes. It was amazing. Then....WE DANCE! Like DJ and everything. It was actually pretty fun!

You can see they go ALL out for this thing! And turns outs, you CAN fit 64 tables in a gym!













Here are the photos from the photo opp...








Anywho...it's all done with. Now I have 365 days to figure out how to get out of it next year! HA! Kidding! Kind of...

I will leave you with one last tender picture...cute Adi and her favorite uncle Daren! She came over for Sunday dinner and wouldn't eat because all she wanted to do was cuddle with him. Oh be still my heart!

Until next time!

0 comments: