8.17.2013

august happenings

Guys we have been doing fun things around here!!


Fairs, baseball games, birthdays, Seven Peaks, and family camp outs. Not necessarily in that order. 

The beginning of the month we celebrated my mama's birthday! We went to see '42', went to lunch, and then to the Bee's game. It was super fun! Love being with all of my family!!









That same weekend was the Hancey Family Camp out. It was also super fun! This year the theme was around our Scottish ancestry. There was toasts to the Queen, Highland Games, kilts, and family crests! I had to work Friday but Daren went up and participated in the games. He did the cabor toss and something else...I know he thew a giant boulder. Doesn't he look so adorbs in his kilt?!














We also went to the fair this year. And let me tell you, it was BUSY! Holy crap! I never seen so many people there! We met Susi and the kiddos down there. We had a great time! We discovered Adi doesn't care for cotton candy, even though she followed a little kid around that had cotton candy. But she does like churros. I don't blame her. These churros are the BEST I have ever had. Seriously...they fill them with caramel! 

Haden also chose to ride on the most OBNOXIOUS ride at the fair! Is anyone surprised?! He also went on the giant slide with us. It was awesome!! I sure do love that slide! I also love the carnival lights at night. They are so magical. 







We also went to Seven Peaks with Daren's family. We had a great time! I felt like I was 12 years old again! And boy did my body feel it the next day! We went down some crazy slides...one that I swear gave me a minor concussion. The only picture I have is one of Adi sleeping on the way down...with a blanket in her mouth. This girl cracks me up. She can't fall asleep without something in her mouth!



In other happenings...I FINALLY finished my pallet sign! I started it about a year ago. It's about time I finish it, don't you think?! I am quite pleased with how it turned out! I can't wait to hang it up in our next home...some day!



It's my birthday week next week! WOOT! It will begin with us going to court! What a way to start the week! Let's just hope all ends well!!


I will leave you with this gem...love this babe.

Ciao.

0 comments: