6.18.2013

san diego

Hey guys! We are back from our vacay! It was wonderful and relaxing. Just what the doctor ordered! We made a blood pact to not talk about any of the drama and bull that has been happening. And guess what?! We did it! And it was awesome!

P.S. This is will be a LONG post....

We stayed in Vegas on the way down...and it was FREAKING hot!! 117 degrees! I thought we were going to melt away. When it is that hot, you just don't want to do anything. We did go over to Caesars Palace and eat dinner at Wolfgang Pucks restaurant. It was YUMMO!





 The next day we drove to Cali, checked into your condo, and then did some shopping at the 2 STORY Target. You heard me! 2 STORIES people! It was so amazing! We went there 3 times in one week...Anywho! After that we went to the beach and watched the sun set. So amazing!






The next day, Monday, we went to SEA WORLD!! It was super fun! We had breakfast with Shamu, saw the dolphins, and went on all the rides!















We went to the ONE day is was overcast and cold! It was still fun. Harley burned his arm pits. Yup, his arm pits!


After the beach was the PADRES game! We also ate Hodad's too! They are serving it at the ballpark now! It was awesome! I had one happy husband! We also  found Ash Street! Nailed it!






Up next was the ZOO! We love the zoo and all the little baby animals! Especially the baby pandas! I could have watched the pandas all day!









After the zoo we over to Seaport Village and did some shopping! And I ate the biggest cake pop I have ever seen! It was so delish!!




We also met up with one of Daren's old mission companions who lives in San Diego. It was so fun to hear their stories! Plus, Eddie's boys were so cute! Little Zacky was a hoot and kept us on our toes. I'm so glad we got to have dinner with them! 

Oh and on our way to dinner we saw the BIGGEST yacht I have ever seen! It had a freaking helicopter on it! I mean, seriously, you need a yacht AND a helicopter?! Turns out it is for sale...$55 million. Any takers?


We decided to stay an extra day in San Diego, instead of staying in St George for 2 days. I am so glad we did! We went to Target...again, ate some AMAZING fish tacos, hung out by the pool, and then went on a sweet dinner cruise around the bay. We were greeted with a glass of sparkling cider, had a delicious 3 course meal, and then there was dancing! 







It was a sad day when we had to leave Cail. We drove half way to St George and stayed the night there. The fun didn't stop though! We got some yummo Mexican food and the best custard in the state! We also did a drive by of the temple. I LOVE the St George temple. It is so stunning! It also looks SO white against all the red rock.





We drove the rest of the way home on Saturday. We had a great time but it sure is nice to be home and see this squishy face! We missed him SO much! We bought him this monkey at the zoo. He hated it on his back, as you can see. It was so funny to watch him try and take it off!


Now back to real life. So lame! More importantly, back to house hunting! Wish us luck! I am already starting to get nervous!

1 comments:

Shannon said...

Holy cow, this post was awesome. I giggled all the way through. You all look so happy in all of your pics! Im glad you got to get away, you deserved it! Love you!