We went on a little road trip with my parentals. TO SAN FRAN! I was so excited to go! Our sole purpose of going was to attend my cousin's wedding, so why not do a little sight seeing, right?!
It was a LONG drive. We encountered hail, rain. and SNOW! The first half of the drive is so boring! Then the last half, as least through Donner's Pass is so frightening! People were putting chains on their cars and then taking them off in the middle of the road! Who does that!? It was intense but we survived!
We stopped in Wendover for breakfast. Wendover is full of old people! I felt like we were eating at the local retirement center! Before we left, my mom and I played the slots. I won $3! Boo yeah!
The first day there we went into the city and took in the sights! We went to Pier 39, Fisherman's Wharf, Golden Gate bridge, Ghirardelli Square, and we also rode on several of the public transportation systems. We had SO much fun! The city is beautiful and so was the weather! It was suppose to rain but it didn't! The sun was shining and all was well!
We didn't make it out to Alcatraz...one day.
I was so excited to see the sea lions! Is that what they are called? Anywho! I could have watched them all day! I think they are so funny!
This seal reminded me of Bear. He just lounged on this back the whole time basking in the sun!
My mom and rode on the carousal on the pier. My mom started to get motion sick...on a carousal! HA! Oh good times!
We did some shopping and ate at Bubba Gumps. The food was good...not great. And very overpriced. $50 for lunch! Oh well, I guess you are paying for the name right?
After lunch we ventured to the trolley and Ghirardelli Square!
Oh man the hot fudge was SOOO good! I almost wanted to cry...
Down at the square there was a mini beach, so of course we have to take a stroll!
My dad...such the romantic!
Our last stop of the day was The Golden Gate Bridge! We made it just in time to see the sun go down. It's absolutely stunning! I couldn't believe how big it was! We went to the sightseeing park and then my dad drove us up to another area were we like RIGHT there! It was awesome!
The next day was the wedding. The first part of the day we went shopping at this giant mall. It wasn't even called a mall, it was shopping TOWN! It was quite overwhelming...
The wedding was absolutely beautiful!! It was at a country club that sit pretty high on a mountain so you could see the entire valley. And the weather was gorgeous!
My dad and Daren were texting each other...this was their conversation regarding the food. Even though the prime rib was HUGE, they still wanted pizza...
Josh is such a goof ball! I love it!
The next day we drove home! We back to San Fransico to get some sourdough bread to bring home and then drove through Stockton to see where my dad grew up. It was a great trip!
I did think we were going to die a few times...by gun shot. We were in the middle of a few altercations. One on the trolley when a little gangster kid put his hand on another....person. The jury is hung about whether it was a girl or guy. But it was intense. And then once in Boudin's. Some teenagers were screaming at each other about who knows what. One of kids threw the managers cell phone across the room when he went to call 911. One of the girls went behind the counter where the workers are to fight another girl. It was wild. According to my aunt, who lives there, if we had seen someone jump off the bridge then we would have had the FULL San Fran experience.
Look how short the shower head is! Daren LITERALLY had to kneel to shower because it only hit to his stomach!
So happy we were able to go! It was so great being away and being with each other! We want to go back already!!

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)



0 comments:
Post a Comment