10.09.2010

again, another uneventful update

Oh how I love this time of year! The weather is brisk and it smells like rotting foliage...a.k.a. FALL! 


It's been pretty low key around here which we are TOTALLY loving! Daren and I were saying today how it's so nice to be able to relax and not have to run around town all weekend trying to get things done. We are soaking it all up, because we know in the next month or so that we will be busy celebrating all the fun events that are coming up!

I put up our fall decor last weekend. Slowly but surely, we are collecting super cute decorations! I LOVE it!

P.S. These aren't all my decorations. I figured people wouldn't want to see every single item in my house. If you do...well you'll get over it. I promise. Or you can come visit. Whichever comes first. 


This is my favorite of my decorations this year. 
But the stupid wind and rain keep knocking everything over!
Hopefully the weather will be calmer this week and I will able to keep everything outside. That little scarecrow is so fragile and could fly away quite easily.
P.S. The pumpkin is my most recent fall decoration purchase.
 

Last weekend was also conference and it rocked my world! This year was the first year that I can remember actually staying awake for both sessions on Sunday! Go me!

Tuesday I had the day off due to SEP conferences at the school. I decided to take Monkey on a hot date with me! We went to McDonalds, the mall, Walmart and to see Uncle Daren at work. We had such a great time. I sure do love that little kid. And he LOVED riding in the truck and seeing all the big trucks at Daren's work. One of the salesmen asked him if he was going to buy a truck and he said yes! It was rather adorable. 


These pictures were taken with my phone so they aren't the best.
You still get the idea that he is so freaking cute.


On a side note: I have decided that most children are annoying...and have no manners. No offense to those who have children, I'm sure yours are different. :) But when we were at McDonald's I was watching all these children play and I swear all their manners went out the window. Especially boys that are like 7 or 8. One child was climbing all over the playground and kicking little kids in the head. He didn't even care! I finally said something to him. And THEN I had to pull an aggressive 5 year old off of Monkey. She was like malling him in the corner. I think she was in love with him. But I think she noticed he was wearing hearing aides and maybe her motherly instincts kicked in and she felt like she had to take care of him. I don't know. But it was intense. 

Also, Daren and I went to Sam's Club last night...one of my favorite places to shop...we decided grab some food at their little food area for dinner. And let me tell you, one of the ladies that works there gives me ANXIETY! Even just watching her gives me anxiety. She is crazy and spastic! She reminds Daren of Mimi from The Drew Carey show. Not so much the body type but the make up!

Anywho! Next week is UEA and I plan on cleaning out my fridge. You may feel bad for me BUT I actually REALLY love cleaning out my fridge. Don't judge me. 

0 comments: