8.16.2010

the fair and boating

The carnies were in town this weekend!

Daren and I went to the fair Friday night and it totally rocked my world. There is something about a carnival on a summer night that is so magical.



Susi and I went on one of those potato sacks slides and it was AWESOME! If it didn't cost $3 a turn I totally would have done it all night. I don't remember the rides being so expensive...$4 for a ride, seriously?!






Anywho, we walked around all the booths and enjoyed the live country music. As we were leaving I swear the band started playing Crazy Train by Ozzy...country style.

Saturday we went boating....and it was the WORST day of boating EVER! We were suppose to leave at 10, we didn't leave until almost noon. We couldn't find the keys to the boat so we had to hot wire it using the horn. The boat stopped working in the middle of a ride. It took 3 hours to fix it. We lost the anchor so Daren had to be the human anchor for the day. My dog jumped ship so I had to jump in after and we swam to shore. Both Daren and I got sunburned. We were only planning on being out at for a couple hours...we didn't get home until almost 8. BLAH! 
This is the only picture I took that was worth while. Doesn't he look so uncomfortable. It was pretty funny to watch him try to move with a life jacket on. 

So I don't end this post on a negative note, here is a picture of my nephew, Haden, before we left for the fair.

He's pretty cute, yeah?

Until next time folks!

P.S. Please note it is my birthday week! WOOT!

0 comments: