Nothing too exciting as been happening around our casa. I'm starting to learn Spanish for work and I must say it is coming along quite well. Hopefully I can get all my hours in this month so we can have some extra Christmas cash! Woot!
Friday was a rough day for our household. We had Bear's manhood chopped off. It was quite traumatizing for him, and for Daren and I. The poor little puppy. When I picked him up Friday afternoon he was SO out of it. I couldn't tell if he was really mad or really drugged up. I have NEVER seen Bear so calm. It was so sad. Friday night he had to sleep with us so we could make sure he didn't lick his wounds. It was a long night but we made it. I am happy to report he is now back to his normal, extremely adorable self. I just hope he doesn't resent us in his later years for doing this. I didn't take any pictures. They would only make you sad and teary-eyed.
Daren and I LOVE The Food Network...and HGTV. Those are pretty much the only channels we watch on a regular basis. This weekend was pretty quiet. We didn't do much of anything, other than watch the puppy....and watch The Food Network. Saturday we were watching the Pillsbury Bake-Off Contest. The winner got a ONE MILLION DOLLARS. She was still cute little old lady. BUT why on earth do they do all of these in-depth stories on people who don't even win?! You get so attached to them and their delicious food and THEN BAM!! They don't even win! I don't understand. I do, however, think I should try and win one million dollars for cooking something yummy.
OH! I almost forget my most awful story that happened on Saturday. SO! I heard on the telly this last week that Old Navy was having a sale on hats and scarfs for only $1! What a deal! So on my way to a Scentsy party, which was delightful, I stopped by to stock up. I walk inside and start looking for some type of sign that would inform me of where the big sale was. Nothing. So I head to the middle part of the store and I see some hats and scarfs and assume those are the ones on sale. I assume this for a few reasons. One: there are a good amount of people around the area looking at them. Two: the selection was low and not that great. Oh well. I proceed with looking through what is left and find a few choice items. I wanted to make sure that I had the right scarfs and hats before I went to check out. I found a worker and asked her which ones were on sale. She told me all of them. I held up what I had and said, "SO THESE ONES ARE ON SALE?" She replied in the affirmative. She told me they were all on sale and there was a limit of 6. GREAT! I go back and choose a few more. I must take full advantage of this sale. RIGHT? So I find a few more and head to the front to purchase them. I stand in line for 20 MINUTES! 20! UGH! I was annoyed that there were only 3 people checking out. Anyways, that is besides the point. It's finally my turn and the girl checking me out says, "Now you know these AREN'T the ones on sale, right?" Are you kidding me?!? I told her how I asked one of the workers and even HELD THEM UP so she could see them. Turns out that stupid girl was WRONG! Double irritated at this point. The girl at the check out stand took me back to some crazy part of the store were the REAL sale was and there were like 5 scarfs and they were HIDEOUS colors. They looked NOTHING like the ones I had. Needless to say after 40 minutes of being in Old Navy I left empty handed and REALLY annoyed.
Sunday was a GREAT day! I woke up to Breakfast in Bed. It was so yummy! Daren always goes all out and I love it! We had pancakes, eggs, bacon, and hash browns that he cut up himself! SO GOOD! He is the BEST! Daren and I spent the entire day together, just us, which rarely happens. It was so fun! Daren made an AMAZING dinner and I made a pie for dessert. Daren has such a great talent when it comes to cooking. I am always amazed!
Puppy is sleeping. He had a rough weekend.
11.10.2008
weekend stories
Posted by Ash at 1:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
It was a rough weekend for Bear, but it was for us a bit too. We lost a lot of sleep Friday night. But with a little Halo time with my buddies and a good nights rest on Saturday night, I feel much better. And my wife didn't tell you, so I will. She woke up to breakfast in bed on Sunday. Bacon, scrambled eggs with cheese, hashed browns and pancakes. Yeah, I'm basically The Man. :) Thanks for the post Baby! I love the picutre of the puppy!
Love,
D
YAY! You blogged! I sure do miss your face, and am glad bear is all healed. Sure do love you!
I would be so annoyed too at Old Navy. It can't be that hard to understand the English language and what you meant. Unless she is deaf or blind? Anyway, sorry about that incident. I bet breakfast in bed more than made up for it though. That sounded heavenly!
Post a Comment