...yes folks, a special chapter in my book of life has officially been closed as of 1:06 AM on Sunday, March 23. Let me explain...
The past few weeks..make that months..my parents have been pestering me on cleaning out the closet in my room at their house. The majority of it is keepsake things. You know, prom dresses, stuffed animals, pictures..the stuff you don't need but don't want to throw away. Anyways, this weekend I finally decided to tackle the stupid closet, as well as my old dresser, seeing as how I will need it soon, and this chest that holds my "most prized possessions." Lets make a note that I decided to start this project at 11:00 PM, probably not my brightest decision. Carrying on..
I started on my closet. I got distracted with photo albums from my dad's childhood. Side note: those who know my dad should definitely take a looksie. Choice pictures in them. In my closet I found old prom dresses, garage sale! Stuffed animals, garage sale! I also found a few boxes from when my parents moved...2 years ago, that have yet to be unpacked. I found some intriguing things in these boxes like some video tapes...who knows what is on them but I will find out! I also found my N'SYNC In The Mix tape, that's a keeper! I also found a beautiful pearl necklace that apparently my Grandma gave me. Who knew? Moving on. I found 3 photo box organizer things FULL of pictures. When I say full, I mean FULL. Who knew I took so many pictures in high school? Now I have to figure what in the H I'm going to do with them.
My dresser was no big deal. I found a ton of picture frames. I'm pretty stoked about that. I also found the pants I was wearing in my tragic snowmobile accident from last year. That is an entire different blog. Needless to say those are definitely going in the trash.
My final stop in the cleaning process was my beloved chest. It has sat at the end of my bed for years and contained the most valuable items in it. I knew I was in for a long night with this. This is when I officially closed a chapter in my life.
*I'm about to admit a few things that should probably never be publicly announced. Too bad so sad. It's going to happy anyways*
When I was in Jr. High and High School my friends and I were obsessed with N'SYNC, hence the tape I kept. I also had the BIGGEST crush on Max Frandsen. Heaven forbid he should ever read this....on second thought I don't really care if he reads this. I'm so over him. Ha! Back to the chest...This chest contained several, and by several I mean hundreds of N'SYNC related materials. We're talking poster, pictures, magazines, newspaper articles, ticket stubs, you name it and I probably have it. Come to think of it I bet those tapes I found are all N'SYNC..I also found tons of notes from my friends, more pictures, some old W-2's from an employer that I have never heard of, and even an old t-shirt of Max Frandsen's. It is true. For those of you who know what I am talking about, yes I still have.
Well my fellow bloggers. I have officially thrown away all my N'SYNC stuff, except for the tape, that's a classic. I have officially thrown away Max Frandsen's shirt. And I have officially thrown away all the notes from high school, with the exception of some particularly touching notes as well as some that were too long for my attention span. Those will make great reading material for the ride home tomorrow, after that they will be in the trash. I have officially ended the era of Jr. High and High School. It's about time, huh?
I feel good about it.
3.23.2008
A chapter of my life is officially closed...
Posted by Ash at 1:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Ha Ha. I need to do that too. A little too much. Maybe after the baby comes?
Oh Baby! You are too cute! Come to think of it, I never had any high school stuff to get rid of. I think mom asked me and James to go through some stuff she kept for us and we just dumped the boxes without looking in them and then took off to play. I love you!
Post a Comment