11.23.2007

Happy Turkey Day!!

I hope everyone had a good holiday today! I feel like I have so much to share so I will begin now.

The morning started off a little rough. The past few days there has been some tension between Daren and I. Neither one of us were sure why but its been weird and carried on over to this morning. Then my mom called to say happy thanksgiving. As I was talking to her she started crying because she missed me and I wasn't going to be home for thanksgiving. I felt really bad. A few weeks ago she made a comment about having a thanksgiving dinner the weekend before with my family so Daren and I didn't have to go to Salt Lake on thanksgiving. By her saying this, I assumed she would be okay. I guess not. I felt bad and I started crying. I told her to put a skirt on Shane and stick a bow in his hair and it would be like I was there. Needless to say, I was not looking forward to the rest of the day.

I watched the parade today. I do love parades. I made cinnamon rolls for my roommate and I this morning. They were quite enjoyable. So. I have a bone to pick with society. The last two weeks at work we have been working on Thanksgiving vocabulary words with the kids. When we first started the unit we had words such as turkey, potatoes, indians, corn, etc...well not long after we started we had to remove "indians" and "pilgrims" from our vocabulary because they weren't politically correct, which I thought was really lame. But today in the parade they had an entire float of pilgrims, fully dressed and everything. Why can we show pilgrims on a national shown parade but we can't teach 3 and 4 year olds the word? Stupid.

Anywho. Daren came over around noon. We talked. It was basically lack of communication between us, which is weird because that rarely happens. We've both been in blah moods and that hasn't helped either. Everything is good. We still love each other and all that good stuff. I got ready for the day while we watched the Best of Show for Dogs, or whatever it is called. Surprisingly both of us were very entertained. There are so ugly dogs in this world.

After the dog show we grabbed our food and took off for Daren's grandma's house. We ate lots of delicious food and visited. It was a good time. After dinner and chatting we headed over to James', Daren's brother, work. He works at S&S Power, they make amusement park rides. Him and his wife wanted to take all the little kids on this new ride. It's called the Frog Hopper. It's basically a little kid version of The Rocket at Lagoon. It was so entertaining. I went on it several times.

The last time we were out at S&S we made a swing out of some rope things, a 2x4, and a crane, and it was a good time. So naturally we made it again. Daren ran the swing while James ran the Frog Hopper. We were out there for several hours, maybe like 2. It was really fun.

After we left S&S, Daren and I stopped by a local Redbox and got a movie. Daren let me get Hairspray, which I LOVED! The music is so good! I was dancing and singing the whole way through the movie.

I love going on field trips so when Daren took me home, he drove by all the big stores to see how long the lines were to get in. It was rather amusing. Best Buy had the longest line.

Needless to say, the day turned out amazing! I don't think I have ever had a Thanksgiving like that. It was actually mine and Daren's first Thanksgiving together. Last year was....special but this year was so good! The end.

0 comments: